Senior Software Engineers, R&D - Work in an open source company!
Are you looking for a job where you can bring your own ideas to product development for the benefit of thousands of developers around the world? Well, we have good news for you—the next step in your career is only one application away.
Vaadin is an open-source platform for building progressive web applications (PWAs). It consists of a library of reusable web components and web frameworks for creating user interfaces for Java back ends. Vaadin also offers commercial tools that speed up your development workflow.
Most of our product development work is done in Turku, by a talented group of people from 20+ different countries from around the world. We love to make things right, and to make them simple.
We have openings in the following teams:
Vaadin Design System
Vaadin Design System is an open-source design system for enterprise web applications. It consists of design tokens, components, and guidelines that allow designers and developers to collaborate and create high quality and consistent UIs. Learn more
Flow is a Java web framework for building modern web apps and websites. You can create UIs in Java, or use HTML templates to create the UI, and then bind it to any backend using Java. Learn more
Vaadin Fusion is a framework for building web applications with TypeScript for the front end and Java for the Back End. Learn more
Studio is the cherry on top of our frameworks, a VS Code extension for developers to build web applications. Studio allows you to see the result of your code without ever having to reload or refresh your application, or even save the code! Studio instantly renders the outcome of your code as you go.
Vaadin Collaboration Engine
Collaboration Engine is a library for creating collaborative features in web apps, allowing end-users to collaborate together to increase productivity and achieve better results. Learn more
Skillset we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience working in software development.
- Experience and understanding of code testing methodologies.
- Appreciation for a test-driven, code-review culture
- Familiarity with TypeScript, Cloud, DevOps is a plus
- Work in our Office in Turku or remotely from anywhere within ±2h EET (Helsinki).
- A creative and friendly work environment with minimal bureaucracy.
- Free choice of tools.
- Excellent opportunities for career development and learning.
- 10% of your work time can be spent on your own projects.
- Flexible working hours.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A comprehensive relocation package should you need one
Apply today! Candidates will be contacted as they apply, and the positions will be filled as soon as we find suitable candidates.