Senior SQL Server Database Administrator - Advisory Services
As part of the Advisory Services organization, the role of the Senior SQL Server Database Administrator will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance to our clients. This is a "hands-on" position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of multiple clients on various SQL Server versions ensuring operational readiness (security, health, and performance) on clients with SQL Server on-premise and/or within Azure or AWS. Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively.
This is a remote position reporting to the Manager of Professional Services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Continuous engagement with the assigned client base.
• Ensure continuous communications in a consultative approach
• Install and maintain the performance of database servers.
• Develop processes for optimizing database security.
• Set and maintain database standards.
• Manage database access.
• Performance tuning of database systems.
• Install, upgrade and manage database applications.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
• Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
• Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
• Create automation for repeating database tasks.
• Be available for on-call support.
• Consult on additional opportunities.
• Review operational metrics.
• Advise sales resources on current and future opportunity possibilities within their assigned client base.
• Build a knowledge base, document, and develop standard operating procedures for each customer's SQL Server Architecture.
• Uphold company policies and procedures.
• Perform additional related responsibilities as requested.
Required Experience & Skills
• Minimum 6 years MSSQL Database Administration (DBA) experience.
• Hands-on experience supporting large database environments.
• Proven experience with database replication techniques, complexities, automation, monitoring, and high-availability strategies--use of 3rd party solutions in these techniques is encouraged.
• Previous experience working with Systems Admins in the areas of storage, backups, and database operations processes preferred.
• Excels in a collaborative environment and is willing to own all database-related activities.
• Experience with SSRS, SSIS, and SSAS.
• Professional Azure and AWS database administration:
• Migrate SQL Server databases to SQL Database.
• Provision SQL Server databases.
• Backup and restore SQL Databases.
• Implement high availability and disaster recovery.
• Monitor and optimize the performance of cloud databases.
• Automate common management tasks using tools such as PowerShell.
• Design, document, and monitor the database servers.
• Develop standards and procedures for maintenance and modification of database platforms.
• Provide systems architecture guidance in creating high availability systems.
• Provide direction in capacity planning, performance improvement, and storage management in partnership with other clients and internal resources.
• Plan and support the implementation of major architectural changes.
• Develop backup and recovery procedures, including testing back-ups and data integrity.
• Proactive and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting, and resolution of issues.
• Assist Business functions on delivery of timely business metrics data.
• Assist the company in developing a data-driven business culture.
CentriLogic is a global provider of managed IT solutions. With a comprehensive portfolio of IT infrastructure, private connectivity, and application services, CentriLogic works with clients to develop adaptable and dependable IT solutions that enable them to achieve positive business outcomes. The company's dedication to a client-centric philosophy has earned it the trust of some of the world's most innovative companies and visionaries. With regional headquarters in Canada, the USA, and the United Kingdom, CentriLogic delivers solutions to clients worldwide.