Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Who We Want:
- Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
- User-focused creators. Engineers who design with the user in mind, developing products that help change patients lives.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
What You Will Do:
The Software QA Technical Lead (Sr. Staff AQE) will lead quality efforts for Strykers Connected Care R&D software projects. The Sr. Staff AQE will also provide inputs to the software R&D team and process from a quality perspective, partner with vendors to drive execution of testing strategies, and drive continuous process improvements. Select responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (development, business analysts, QA, external vendors, business partners) to ensure quality software delivery.
- Lead test strategy definition to include UAT, functional, integration, performance, system testing with testing tools, and test automation as appropriate.
- Lead remote testing team located across the globe to drive execution and results.
- Review, execute or evaluate project documentation including validation plans/summaries with test script outputs to ensure we are delivering quality software.
- Function in an Agile (Scrum)/DevOps team while using ALM tools to help with defect tracking, traceability, release and build management efforts.
- Drive effective and efficient testing strategy and advance test automation
- Create and execute manual and automated tests (UI, API, Mobile, functional/performance/load, etc)
- Determine the appropriate balance of manual and automated tests.
- Identify and partner with third-party vendors to drive execution and results of testing strategies.
- Share and educate the team on software quality best practices and processes (particularly agile and scrum).
- Communicate with large groups of people; in-person and virtual.
- Perform risk analysis and develop mitigation strategies as appropriate.
- Provide guidance to the R&D software development teams through our internal quality system(s) process to ensure products are developed in compliance with procedures and other regulations (FDA/HIPAA/ISO).
- Actively participate in defining and updating quality system software processes to support quality software as required in alignment with regulations for change control, data privacy, software development, and security.
- Work with leadership and team members to solicit process requirements and drive organizational change for continuous process improvements.
- May conduct internal quality system audits and is involved with CAPA projects.
What You Will Need:
- B.S. in Computer Science Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Engineering related discipline required.
- 6+ years experience in a software engineering organization in a development or quality engineering role.
- 3+ years experience in test automation either in web applications and APIs or in mobile
- Experience in leading remote teams located across the globe.
- Experience creating software processes for a regulated industry including SOPs, Quality System documents, and business processes.
- Working knowledge of different SDLCs (software development life cycle) particularly agile scrum/SAFe/DevOps model.
- Experience in Agile development process with rapid release using CI/CD process
- Working knowledge of different requirements management processes, testing strategies and tools, risk analysis, defect tracking, code review and release management processes.
- Knowledge of cloud-based technologies data analytics, and related technologies.
- Experience in UI, API, Mobile testing such as functional, security, performance in both manual and automated.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure Platform
- Knowledge of web and mobile application technologies
- Experience with languages such as Java and Python
- Experience with testing tools such as Postman, Newman, Selenium, SauceLabs, JMeter.
- Experience working in a regulated environment preferably in software medical device R&D and manufacturing processes.
- Working knowledge of FDA (IEC 62304) and process validation (GAMP5 - CSV - Computer Systems Validation) regulations (HIPAA) and standards.
Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/