As a Senior Technical Product Manager in our Search and Recommendations team, you will:
- Collaboratively define our strategy and roadmap to connect readers with the content that is most relevant to them. Be mindful about presenting quality content and impacting our users in ways we will be proud of.
- Work with a cross-functional team of senior engineers and data scientists to prioritize the most impactful work and launch customer-facing features.
- Think holistically and go deep. Participate in all stages of the product development cycle from ideation through implementation and iteration.
- Build a deep understanding of our users’ needs and communicate them to the team.
- Define, monitor, and analyze key performance metrics for the content experience at WordPress.com, and use this data to inform the future direction.
- Work with the team lead for Search and Recommendations on improving product development practices and processes, mentor and support the team in focussing on customer value.
- Experience in creating engaging, personalized, algorithmic feeds and content experiences, ideally ones that leveraged machine learning.
- The ability to collect, analyze and communicate data to the team and the company as a whole, to integrate feedback, validate ideas, and iterate on our products while being mindful of our customers, contributors, and insights gleaned by our support teams.
- The ability to connect business strategies, customer needs and available technologies to deliver best-in-class products. A good understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of machine learning approaches will be helpful.
- A solid understanding of engineering workflows and enough technical depth to successfully work with engineers and data scientists.
- Care about creating a safe and inspiring reading experience for our users, regardless of their income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of other languages and international markets is a plus.
- Excitement to join a globally distributed team. Familiarity with remote work is welcome.
- Experience in working with search engines and search applications is a plus.
- Experience working with mobile is a plus.
More about the team