REI Systems is experiencing phenomenal growth - more than30% year over year. Led by a strong Chief Growth Officer, the company has an impressive track record for winning federal contracts. We are projecting 25% growth in 2021 alone, and our strategic plan, pipeline, great client relationships, excellent past performance, and best-in-class contract vehicles position us to win even more opportunities beyond 2021.
Would you like to be part of an exceptional, winning team?As Sr. Proposal Writer, you will interpret customer requirements and work with Subject Matter Experts (SME) to write clear, concise, and compliant responses to Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements. Proposal writing assignments may include white papers, proposal content such as management plans, technical content and solutions, past performance and corporate experience, staffing plans, resumes, oral/video proposal presentations, and marketing material for growth or new business pursuits.
REI is a four-time, award-winning Washington Post Top Workplaces company. If you are looking for a company that will appreciate your hard work, provide you career development, expand your skills and experience, and make your work fun, apply today! We offer great benefits and compensation for our Growth Team. We cant wait to meet you!
Work location: Remote
- A successful candidate must possess the ability to work collaboratively with solution architects, subject matter experts, and executive leadership to capture key concepts and ideas while maintaining consistency in messaging and strategy using proper tone/voice.
- This individual will participate in the REI capture process and ensure compliant delivery of capture related products that include proposals, Engineering Change Requests, etc.
- Assignments will include but are not limited to the development of; Proposal Volumes (Management, Technical, Past Performance, Corporate Experience), Executive Summaries, Staffing Plans, Resumes, Oral Proposal Presentations, and Video Proposal Presentations.
- Support the REI Marketing Team by writing white papers and narrative for selling documents.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers.
- Participate in peer editing and production review.
- Work within and across matrixed teams to produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended Federal audience.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or masters degree with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Expert level technical/proposal writer with business development and competitive proposal experience.
- Able to gather information in a variety of ways (brainstorming sessions, whiteboarding, interviews, research, consolidation of previously developed written materials) and translate it into compelling documents.
- Convey strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Perform as a delivery focused, results orientated, proactive self-starter.
- Be a collaborative team player with high professional standards and work ethic.
- Ability to take complex subject matter and distill it down to laymen terms for senior executive briefings and decision making.
- Ability to communicate with positive impact.
- Ability to adapt to schedule changes & slips, project re-scopes, and customer directed changes to ensure compliant product delivery.
- The successful candidate will be able to join new projects quickly and work effectively with a diverse and dispersed group of people.
- Teamwork is an essential quality, as is the ability to work effectively while under tight deadlines.
- Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements
- Knowledge of Shipley Proposal Processes
- Experience in creating written materials for Agile software development processes
About REI Systems
REI Systems has delivered innovative solutions that empower people and impact millions of lives since 1989. Our 500+ problem-solving technologists and consultants are passionate about modernizing the government to fulfill their missions more effectively. Our customers include Government Operations, Homeland Security, Health, Science, Financial Services, and State, Local, and Nonprofits. We take a Mindful Modernization approach in providing Application Modernization, Data Analytics, Grants Management, Small Business Innovation Research Programs, and Advisory Services. Delivering domain experts, management consultants, and best-fit technologies through agile execution, along with a commitment to customer service is the REI Way.
REI Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer