A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
This role is remote eligible.
Developing leaders of tomorrow while helping reduce risks for a Fortune 500 company is what we do in Edward Jones Internal Audit. Would you like to work for an organization that values partnership in getting things accomplished? Do you want to learn what it takes to become a leader and gain a broad understanding of the firm at the same time? Internal Audit at Edward Jones is where tomorrow's leaders are developed to help to identify and reduce risks within the firm.
Yes, we have a process to evaluate risks but what sets us apart is not just auditing individual departments, we strive to ensure risks for our clients and 15,000 Financial Advisors are minimized.
Just as our business model supports a one financial advisor, one branch office administrator focus, our Audit department is one team, individually focused. We are all from diverse backgrounds (Public Accounting, Taxes, Advisory) with one goal in mind - to serve our clients and make an immediate impact to an organization and our community.
Noted multiple times as one of Fortune's Best Places to Work, Edward Jones is located in St. Louis, Missouri. The travel is minimal, which means more time with your friends and family. Edward Jones is also strongly focused on work life balance and making sure our associates are balanced, we are a partnership, we think that way too.
Responsibility Summary :
With assistance as required from your leader, responsibilities include developing audit scope, evaluating technical and business risk, preparing work plans, performing and documenting audit test work, developing meaningful and/or value-add recommendations, conducting meetings, giving presentations and assisting with internal departmental activities as required. Responsibilities also include promoting good working relationships with associates and leaders within Technology and other divisions. Individual will be evaluating both existing key automated systems, as well as the controls in systems which are being developed. Individual will be obtaining knowledge and evaluating general technology controls including cybersecurity and other emerging technologies. Individual may be required to assess the general control environment specifically relating to the financial statement reporting, to support compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and support other assurance work which relies on Information Technology General Controls (ITGC).
This role is remote eligible.
Qualifications Required in the Job:
Four year undergraduate degree in Business or Information Systems or related program required. Advanced degree strongly preferred (i.e. MBA, Masters of Accountancy, Computer Science / MIS or Cyber Masters Programs). Strongly preferred that individual possess an Information Systems and Control Association (ISACA) or other relevant cybersecurity certifications (CISA, CISSP, CSX, Network / Security +,etc. ) or have passed either the test, but may not have the years of experience for the certification.
Minimum Years of Experience Required
Individual would possess 4+ years of previous in Technology or Technology Audit experience. Public Accounting or consulting in Technology Audit preferred.
Depth of knowledge of principles and practices
- Solid understanding of audit concepts and auditing techniques.
- Independently able to develop audit scope, evaluating technical and business risk, preparing work plans, performing and documenting audit test work, developing meaningful and/or value-add recommendations, conducting meetings, giving presentations and assisting with internal departmental activities as required
- Individual will be able to interact effectively with senior management.
- Able to assist Technology Audit Leaders in mentoring less experienced auditors.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Individual will have strong data analytics and technical skills.
- Individual will be evaluating both existing key automated systems, as well as the controls in systems which are being developed.
- Individual will be obtaining knowledge and evaluating general technology controls including cybersecurity and other emerging technologies.
- Individual will be required to assess the general control environment specifically relating to the financial statement reporting, to support compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and other ITGC assurance work.
- Must have the ability to document technologies and technology general controls, flowchart process flows, evaluate existence and adequacy of controls, and design tests to evaluate those controls.
- Knowledge and understanding of Technology functions, organizational structures, and typical risks in an environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to clearly articulate and present findings, recommendations and associated risk.
- FORTUNE 2020 Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
- From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list the highest ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firms 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $75962 - $129341