CO-OP Financial Services
Req No. 2
Company Pandemic Response
Ensuring the health and safety of everyone that works at CO-OP is of primary importance to us. The majority of our organization continues to be in a work-from-home status. This allows for better social distancing practices for those of our employees that do remain in our office locations. We continue to work diligently to maintain everyone's health and safety by keeping the facilities clean, having everyone screened for temperatures upon entry and providing information about symptoms and what to do if employees feel sick. Our COVID response team has been working tirelessly since March and continues to provide transparent communication around COVID cases and re-entry plans.
We are seeking a talented Sr. UX Designer who is analytical and a creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems. A strong portfolio of successful UX and other technical projects is essential. Ultimately, you will make our product more user-friendly and intuitive to attract and retain customers.
- This position can be fully-remote. That means we are open to talent across the country and the person in this position will be able to continue working remotely even after we transition back into our physical office locations.
- This position can be on-site. That means that the person in this position is expected to work in our physical office location. As stated above, we are doing everything we can to protect our employees that are working on-site and greatly appreciate their commitment.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Create sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, mid-to-high fidelity static mockups, and Figma prototypes.
- Synthesize research.
- Prepare and lead collaborative design workshops.
- Regularly test and validate solutions with users Interact and communicate directly with the client.
- Collaborate closely with other team members.
- Actively participate in an agile design process, including contributing to story creation, daily standups, etc.
- Understand product specifications and user psychology.
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback.
- Create personas through user research and data.
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success.
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs.
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability).
- Work with UI designers to implement attractive designs.
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers.
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Completion of high school.
- Bachelor's degree plus 5-8 years related work experience, or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Strong knowledge of user experience conventions and principles.
- Experience working with complex subject matters.
- Superior ability to manage stakeholder conversations.
- Significant experience and comfort with user interviews.
- Ability to wireframe.
- Comfort leading meetings and facilitating design discussions and exercises.
- Strong desire to quickly externalize and test your designs.
- Excellent problem-solving and relationship management skills.
- Proven experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer or similar role.
- Strong portfolio of design projects.
- Background in project management and research.
- Strong familiarity with interaction design and information architecture.
- Proficient in design software (e.g. Figma, UxPin, Proto.io, etc.).
- Ability to clearly communicate your design decisions with partners and influence the shape of the product using research, user journeys, interactive prototypes, and high-quality wireframes.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve; cultivating a workplace in which every employee can live up to their full potential. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
For Colorado Applicants: In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the expected salary range for this Colorado position is between $109,000 and $141,500. Actual Pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law.
This position qualifies for the following benefits; CO-OP Financial offers a competitive Total Rewards package: 401(k) with generous company match, Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance options, Health Savings Account/Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term disability benefits, Pregnancy and Parental Leave, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, Community Volunteer Time Off, and an Employee Assistance Program.