- Be solution-focused and medium-agnostic, willing to step out of your core skill set or discipline to find the correct solution to a challenge. Create digital solutions that address a range of challenges, translating user needs and real-world constraints into elegant, effective digital experiences.
- Lead multidisciplinary teams through the design process - from discovery, research, and prototyping through execution and implementation - collaborating closely with engineering and product to find the best solutions together.
- Create prototypes of different levels of fidelity to help determine design direction for a project.
- Construct information architecture, interaction models, customer flows, schematics, and visual design that bring new ideas to life.
- Work collaboratively with other UX Designers across Thorn to share research, concepts, and ideas in order to promote consistency and team growth.
- Continuously measure how designs are performing and iterate to improve those experiences.
- You have a commitment to putting the children we serve at the center of everything you do.
- You can work with shifting requirements in a fast-paced and fluid environment and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including customers, engineers, product managers, and other UX designers.
- Comfortable naming experience trade-offs, and translating user needs, business goals and technical limitations into effective MVP requirements.
- Fluency in the human-centered design process from qualitative research and synthesis to ideation, prototyping, and implementation.
- Ability to convey concepts through wireframes, flows, storyboards, and mockups.
- A diverse portfolio showing a passion for discovery, interaction, and design with articulate storytelling.
- Confident in presenting work and articulating user experience issues and concerns to team members and stakeholders.
- Ability and interest to learn new design techniques and patterns quickly.
- You have empathy and can be a strong advocate for our users while balancing the vision and constraints of technical or product realities.
- Cultural sensitivity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently in a remote environment.
- You communicate clearly, efficiently, and thoughtfully. We’re a highly-distributed team, so written communication is crucial.
- Bonus: Previous experience working within a startup environment
- Axure RP
- Sketch and/or Figma