What we're looking for
We are hiring a world-class team of software engineers and creatives to architect, implement, and deploy a consumer-facing product that will empower users to gather meaningfully in NOWHERE 3D worlds.
In these early stages, you must be comfortable iterating quickly: working with the founding team to implement new 3D UI, and ultimately deploy your work in early product releases
Since we are a fully remote company, you thrive in a remote collaborative environment, can quickly integrate feedback into your own vision of the product, and work closely with designers and engineers to refine our overall vision.
What you'll do
- Design and implement interactive webXR experiences that create a sense of presence and play in beautiful 3D environments
- Profile and optimize 3D experiences that will be performant on browsers
- Take full ownership of designing, implementing, running, and maintaining production code on core Nowhere 3D features, end to end.
- Quickly dive in to implementation details working closely with 3D technical artists and other engineers
- Expertise with a WebXR libraries such as three.js, AFrame, BabylonJS, PlayCanvas, AR.js, csg.js, or similar
- Experience integrating with a 3D pipeline and optimizing assets
- Strong knowledge of programming fundamentals, game architecture, and 3D math
- 2+ years of game development experience or interactive applications in 3D
- Always willing to learn what you do not know in order to create new technology for beautiful 3D experiences
- You want to be part of the founding engineering team building technology that has a direct path to improving how we gather and connect at the human level
Plus if you have experience...
- with Node.js
- with 3D Graphics and shader development (i.e WebGL, OpenGL, Vulkan, DirectX)
- working on a large-scale production web application
- with a component-based framework like React, Svelte or Vue
- with C++ development with Emscripten and WebAssembly
- Health insurance with 75% premium covered
- Generous PTO / sick leave
More about us
- We are driven by a desire to advance human connection and believe in cultivating diversity as part of excellence, and seek teammates from all backgrounds
- As a remote team, we use asynchronous tools and daily reports to stay in the loop
- We value immediacy, integrity, inclusion, generosity, passionate collaboration, and are building NOWHERE to distribute wealth and power
- See a few fun links below from the team you'd be joining...
Sounds like a fit? Please email [email protected]
- Include this role's title in your subject line (it'll help us to sort through the emails)
- Tell us a bit about why you're interested and any relevant experience you have
- Attach your resume, LinkedIn, project links, pointers to code, and Github.
- Thank you so much for your interest