As a Site Reliability Engineer you care about designing reliable and scalable software architecture and infrastructure. You have a deep interest for automating processes and operations, monitoring production systems and building tools which delight other Software Engineers.
This is an opportunity to join a team of talented problem solvers, looking at untangling a complex problem and finding a simple solution. Through your work, you will have a direct impact on how people get paid, by helping us take Pento to the next level and building seamless experiences for our customers.
Our tech stack
We build and host our application using modern and reliable technologies that our team knows and trusts, including React, Redux, GraphQL, Golang, PostgreSQL, Docker and Kubernetes.
Everything is hosted on Google Cloud Platform and we use a variety of their services, including GCS, Cloud Run and GKE.
What will you be doing?
- You will be building, maintaining and optimizing our CI and CD pipeline
- You will maintain applications once they are in production by setting up metrics and monitoring them;
- You will collaborate with Pento's Software Engineers to determine pain points and/or potential areas of improvement;
- You will take operational responsibility for the code that you write over the entire software development life cycle;
- You will provide support on our production systems, from customer related operations to bug fixing.
We'd love to hear from you if
- You have a few years of professional experience in software engineering, working in a team environment;
- You have experience deploying and maintaining applications in a cloud infrastructure with GCP and/or AWS;
- You enjoy building internal tools and automating processes with other engineers as your customers;
- You are comfortable with one or more programming language and with building applications;
- You have experience setting up tools and dashboards for defining and monitoring metrics and increasing observability;
- You have experience running systems on Kubernetes;
- You enjoy setting up and optimizing CI/CD.
What can you expect?
- Competitive salary;
- Tech and equipment of your choice;
- The opportunity to join an early stage tech company on an incredible trajectory;
- An equity option plan so you can benefit from our success;
- Remote working and flexibility.
What it's like working at Pento
We're a technology company, not an
accountancy, payroll bureau, or similar. We build beautiful payroll software that automates all manual workflows and we usually help companies cut 50-80% off the time they spend on payroll. That means no spreadsheets, no e-mails, and no manual bank transfers. We've built an easy-to-use software product, that does all of this automatically.
You can see a short video by our co-founder and CEO, Jonas, here.
Why now is a really exciting time to join
- The UK payroll process hasn’t been disrupted since… ever
- Every company runs payroll, but very few companies are happy with their current process
- Pento makes payroll up to 80% more efficient (we are probably conservative here)
- We already see strong inbound demand from companies all over the UK
- Our customers love Pento - our NPS is above 70 (check our Trustpilot by the way)
You can learn more about what we are all about and how we like to work here:
We're a remote-first company and a diverse group of people. We believe in inclusiveness and are committed to building a team as diverse as the people we create our product for, representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We welcome applications from everyone – regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
We don't believe hiring is a box ticking exercise, so if you feel you don't match the job description 100%, but would still be a great fit for the role, please get in touch!