Software Architect & Lead
Remote Jobs in Worldwide>
Software Architect & Lead
We are a fully remote technology agency - composed of colleagues who bring a daily commitment to transparency, efficiency, and helping. We approach our clients and colleagues with sincerity - and recognize that innovative tech solutions pair best with wholehearted teams.
Many companies talk about their awesome offices, flexible schedules, and cool events. We can, too. Great benefits, a 100% remote culture, ongoing training, and learning are part of BlueModus. But when you come to work here, you also become a part of an incredible team that we think separates us from other tech companies. We have created a culture that attracts bright, passionate, caring people who sincerely want to do their best for clients and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for technologists who have experience as a .NET Developer, Backend Developer, Web Developer, Application Developer, Full Stack Developer, Programmer Analyst, Software Engineer, Principal Engineer, Web Development Lead, Technical Lead, or Software Architect that want to deliver challenging, innovative .NET web solutions for our clients. As a Solution Lead at BlueModus, you will lead a small team of UX/UI Developers, .NET Developers, and QA Engineers and work directly with clients to craft solutions for websites, webstores, and intranets, alongside a Project Manager and Strategic Account Manager.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Integrating creative designs and user experience (UX) functionality into content management systems (CMS), including Kentico, Sitecore, Umbraco, Sitefinity, and Contentstack.
- Building packages and deploying software to integration environments such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Assigning work to a small team of Web Developers who are working on several projects simultaneously.
- Contributing to an agile project team consisting of Designers, UX/UI Developers, Web Developers, Solution Leads, Projects Managers, and Strategists to help understand and document client requirements, estimate work, develop new solutions, and enhance existing solutions.
- Providing clear guidance and recommendations to clients on technical solutions to optimize value and foster trust.
- Actively conducting code reviews.
- Mentoring Web Developers to grow their technical skills.
- Building and maintaining internal tools to streamline our development process and enhance productivity.
- Promoting and collaborating on our development and coding best practices.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 5+ years of experience with modern software design patterns, debugging, and refactoring.
- 3+ years of experience developing with traditional and headless content management systems (CMS), such as Kentico, Sitecore, Umbraco, Sitefinity, and Contentstack.
- 3+ years of experience leading a technical team.
- 3+ years of experience in a client-facing professional services role.
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience resolving cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Experience with search engine optimization best practices.
- Experience with MS SQL.
- Experience with Visual Studio Tooling.
- Experience with code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Experience with continuous integration and automated build products like Team City and Azure DevOps.
WHAT WE LOVE FINDING:
- Experience managing and organizing several work streams with different priorities.
- Experience working in an agency environment with multiple clients.
- Strong testing and quality assurance ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interface directly with clients.
- Ability to thrive in an independent environment.
- Competitive salary between $120,000 to $140,000 based on experience and annual increases based on performance.
- Ability to work fully remote at home – we are a 100% virtual company.
- Get the checkup you and your family need with excellent health, dental, vision, and disability coverage.
- Recharge your batteries with ample paid time off, including 9 holidays and 20 vacation/flex days.
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan and 3% employer match.
- Team building “fun” days and other company-sponsored activities in different cities throughout the year.
- Whether you are an early riser or a snooze master, pick a schedule that works for you with flexible working hours.
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities with conferences & training.