ata and Insights Scale Amobee, Inc
Position is open to remote candidates able to support East Coast operating hours
Amobee is building a unified advertising platform for television, connected television, digital and social. We are developing cross-platform tools for planning, sales and measurement with a dedication to systems architecture, capacity, security, stability, and data flow.
The Insights and Planning Team is responsible for building services across Amobee supporting supply, data ingestion, data insights, forecasting, and planning services. The team works closely with Data Sciences and Data Platform teams to leverage the underlying data platform and data science ML/AI models to build services in a scalable way.
We are seeking an Architect who wants to own delivery of major components of our platform. You will participate in implementation for your designs and ensure all services are properly monitored, healthy, automated, and scalable. You will provide guidance to members of the team during the adoption phase of these solutions. You will act in an advisory role to other members of team with a focus on design. You will bridge the gap between operations and development and help communicate across teams in engineering and business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leading architecture discussions for key features of the platform.
- Evaluating architectural choices and decisions made by others, and formulating alternatives.
- Evaluating whether proposed architecture meets relevant business cases.
- Showing how architecture meets expected future needs.
- Assessing the difficulty or ease of implementing proposed architecture, with ease of maintenance in mind.
- Assessing the performance characteristics of the proposed architecture.
- Assessing security implications of the proposed architecture.
- Enforcing technical design reviews, with a focus on hard technical artifacts such as ER diagrams, time-sequence diagrams, truth tables, pseudocode, etc.
- Ensuring implementations are testable and tested in an automated manner.
- Ensuring compliance with the software development lifecycle.
- Explaining architecture to commercial and management audiences.
Required Sills & Experience:
- 7-10 years experience working in technical teams, with the majority of the time as an individual contributor.
- Prior experience in an architectural discipline where a blend of strategic vision and tactical pragmatism was required for success.
- Understanding of and participation in a well-defined software development lifecycle.
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals especially in data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with high-performance computing, distributed systems, fault-tolerant architectures.
- Strong presentation and interdisciplinary communication skills (written and verbal).
The world’s leading independent advertising platform, Amobee unifies all advertising channels—including TV, programmatic and social—across all formats and devices. We provide marketers with streamlined, advanced media planning capabilities powered by in-depth analytics and proprietary audience data. Our platform and technology, provides the most advanced advertising solutions for the convergence of digital and advanced TV— including linear TV, over the top, connected TV, and premium digital video. Enabling advertisers to plan and activate across more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter.
Amobee has been named to Fortune’s Top 10 Best Workplaces in Advertising and Marketing. Amobee’s platforms have been widely recognized amongst our industry winning numerous awards in technology innovation, see all Amobee Awards. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest telco companies in the world, reaching over 700 million mobile subscribers in 21 countries. Amobee operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.