Want to work with fearless innovators, visionaries, and community-minded people who challenge the status quo? We do too.
Plex is more than a software company — we’re a team of disruptors who are driving innovation and unlocking the promise and value of smart manufacturing.
It isn’t a trend or a moment, it’s a movement. And we’re leading it, but we can’t lead it alone.
That’s where you come in.
Plex Systems, Inc.® delivers the first smart manufacturing platform, helping the world’s leading innovators to make awesome products.Built in the cloud, the Plex Smart Manufacturing Platform includes MES, ERP, supply chain management, Industrial IoT, and analytics.
We believe that anything that can be made can be made better, and we are focused on finding the right people to help us achieve the big important tasks ahead.
Is that person you?
In support of our ongoing growth, we are looking for a talented and passionate Software Architect to help design and build our next generation platform. There are new, disruptive forces in today’s manufacturing environment, and you’ll play a key role in keeping us ahead of the technological curve. You will work cross-functionally with product leadership, peers, and software engineering teams to identify and define tech and process improvements while charting a path for future development.
This position can be located at our Troy, MI headquarters or remote.
WHAT’S YOUR IMPACT?
- Take high-level direction, formulate plans, and work hands-on with other software engineers to prototype, create frameworks, and execute a plan.
- Work directly with business partners to understand and translate needs into technical solutions.
- Research new software technology concepts, processes, and tools and present recommendations.
- Assist setting the direction for coding standards and reviews, approaches to common development challenges, requirements for scalability and security, and design reviews.
- Coach and mentor other less experienced team members.
IS IT IN YOU?
- 8+ years of professional development experience.
- Demonstrated experience in architecting and deploying high volume, high transaction based, distributed and redundant web applications.
- Demonstrated experience architecting for the public cloud.
- Strong understanding of full stack modern technologies from UI layer to middleware and DB layer.
- Demonstrated understanding of use cases for modern distributed architecture and development frameworks (e.g. SOA, Lambda, Microservices) for scalable and fast applications.
- Expert knowledge of generally accepted software development lifecycle processes and methods.
- Extensive database design/data modeling experience.
- Demonstrated application of security concepts and best practices.
- Ability to translate business challenges into technical solutions.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Willingness to work hard to help build our growing company.
- Bonus Points:
- Demonstrated deep understanding of application design patterns, principles, and frameworks.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and No-SQL persistence approaches.
- Experience working in a Supply Chain Management environment or related software.
- Hands-on experience with container and cluster technologies (e.g. Docker, RKt, Kubernetes)
- Time spent designing and executing the modernization of a legacy system.
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related area
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We are proud to be recognized as one of the top workplaces in the tech industry. Our inviting culture fosters collaboration, innovation, and motivates team members to take on important work, every day.
In addition to all the benefits you’d expect from a world-class company like ours, we also offer Day 1 benefits, career growth and professional development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, unlimited paid time off, a wellness allowance to support your family’s well-being, sustainable work-life balance, and flexibility. Our multiple office locations offer a casual-dress workplace, complimentary snacks and drinks, and “de-stress areas” complete with amenities in some locations like massage chairs, golf simulator, ping pong tables and more.
Plex values the power of diversity and inclusion – it isn’t just a talking point for us. It drives our business and fosters fresh thinking, and is reflected in the individuals we hire, and the culture and community we’ve built to support them, such as our [email protected] and [email protected] groups. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applicants of all types and from all backgrounds. Plex urges our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate the differences among people.
SOUND LIKE YOUR DREAM JOB?
EXCITED ABOUT PLEX BUT NOT THE RIGHT GIG?
Don’t despair – your perfect fit is on its way! Stay connected, sign up for job alerts or submit a general application on the Plex Careers page.