We will set you up with all the necessary tools to perform the job from your home office.
Earnest empowers people with the financial capital to live better lives
We're an accomplished team of design, math, finance and technology geeks who believe consumer lending can be radically improved and are doing something about it. We created a company that combines data science, streamlined design, and technology to:
Build products that simplify the lending process, Provide them to more people, and Engage with our customers through more human experiences.
As a Software Architect at Earnest, you will report to the Senior Manager of Platform Engineering, provide technical direction, and build the software that is revolutionizing consumer lending, automating the loan approval process and orchestrating the transfer of billions of dollars. In addition to the $10+ billion in loans serviced, we build tools to maximize Earnest's growth while providing the best possible client experience. Our focus is on building a modern platform that allows us to move faster over time. This means a willingness to rethink domains from first principles and an ability to collaborate well across technical and non-technical teams.
At Earnest, we use Node.js and TypeScript on the server-side. On the front-end we use React/Redux for building new things and Angular for everything else. We deploy services in Docker and Kubernetes on AWS. We integrate with other internal microservices (written in Node.js and Scala) and store the bulk of our data in Postgres and Amazon S3.
What you'll do:
- Drive systems architecture redesign while working with other stakeholders.
- Architect and implement domain-based microservices, such as user service, loan service, etc.
- Prototype solutions for the broader engineering teams, such as a message bus for asynchronous communication between backend services.
- Create engineering requirement documents and assist with planning of new features and bug fixes.
- Mentor and provide guidance on engineering best practices to team members.
- Launch new features such as an integration with strategic partners, such as Optimizely and Plaid.
- Work with Product, Design, and Engineering Management on priorities with the team.
Ideal background and expertise:
- 10+ years of professional development experience
- 2+ years of experience architecting distributed software systems
- Experience with server-side concepts, e.g. microservices, database, caching, performance, - monitoring, scalability
- Experience with Node.js preferred
- Experience working in Fintech, Banking, or related Consumer Financial Services companies is a plus
Earnest Perks & Benefits:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Tuition reimbursement program
- $1000 Travel perk on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world and 25 days of annual PTO
- Great culture with an awesome team
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, genetics, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.