We are looking for a new team member to help create an elegant digital experience for our clients.
Description of iTOTEM and Team
iTOTEM is an indigenous-affiliated firm based in Vancouver B.C. who works with organizations to collect, analyze, and process huge amounts of data into useful information necessary for authentic public, customer, employee and investor communications. Our clients include project proponents, tourism businesses, cultural institutions, not-for-profits, industry associations, and government organizations from across Canada.
We provide a turn-key service and specialize in reporting on:
- Environmental, Social and Governance performance to advance sustainability, equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Indigenous relations and organizations
- Supply chain and community investment impact
- The management of grants, community investments and other competitive processes
Sharing an engaging story based on true data gets everyone on the same page – creating progress for the good.
Our mission is to simplify data, revealing its true story.
Description of Role
You are a wizard at building data models - taking complex data and simplifying it so it’s informative and interesting. Data transformation is your thing and you take care to make sure the data’s story is authentically shared.
To be an ideal candidate, you understand the importance of succinctly summarizing data – and excel at math and writing. You have experience in software development and can use programming languages to create fully custom data processing scripts and models, but you still know when to leverage commercially available software. You are meticulous about quality and detail. You are a self-driven, creative, and forward-thinking.
Description of Primary Tasks
· Working with data from collection to reporting, including designing data models, quality assurance, data visualization development, and database management
· Supporting the development of the UI/UX for iTOTEM software
· Building QA and visualization scripts
· Designing Tableau and Microsoft Office reports and dashboards
· Experience in some form of SQL, such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
· Ability to build complex data processing scripts in at least one object-oriented programming language, such as Python, C++, or Java
· Previous work designing sophisticated Excel spreadsheets, including the use of Visual Basic Macros
Nice to haves
· Previous experience working with Tableau and CRM systems, such as Salesforce or HubSpot
· Experience developing APIs
· Experience developing reports in Windward Studios