About The Role
As a Software Developer at Empiric Health, you will analyze, design, develop, and debug web applications, mobile apps, and related products and systems. You will provide expertise in defining system requirements and impact, enhancing and maintaining system components and databases, setting up necessary development and test environments, and interacting with internal and external customers to ensure the delivery of the product – on time, within budget and with exceptional quality.
In this role, you will be instrumental in guiding our vision for applications with excellent user interface designs that reduce friction for our users. Our developers focus on the entire stack, influencing every touchpoint we create including web and mobile. For this role, we are targeting someone who has passion and expertise with Java to spearhead the server side of our software stack but who also has the client side skills to contribute there when necessary.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with clinical teams, technology teams and business stakeholders to research, design, and develop new features and feature enhancements for our software products
- Ownership of software components and modules from conception through deployment
- Participating and contributing in conceiving future technology and next generation products
- Using an issue tracking system to document necessary code changes and follow standard versioning requirements using a source control system
- Analyzing problems and resolving technical issues regarding component functionality and customer enhancements. Fixing defects and recommending enhancements as appropriate.
- Providing technical consulting to internal and external customers to address system issues and recommend solutions
- Developing schedules and communicating status to management and development
- Helping establish and improve software development processes and tools. Participate in design and code reviews with a diverse team including other developers and product owners
- Collaborate with the research and software development teams to derive a development plan with stories and tasks to complete work iteration(s)
- Participating in the specification, review, and design of work
In this role, you’ll spend the majority of your time in our Denver office. While most of this work will be based in Denver, you may occasionally need to travel to the client site (less than 10% travel in total can be expected).
You already have the ability to:
- Partner with others in a team-oriented environment and demonstrate a flexible, learning mindset
- Develop and maintain trust-based relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Think logically and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Learn new technologies quickly with a demonstrated willingness to keep technical skills and knowledge up-to-date
- Develop software that solves operational problems
- Create high-quality systems documentation
- Understand project cycles, software development environments, and source control techniques
- Effectively participate in conversations with individuals and groups, in person and remotely
- Utilize problem-solving skills to apply knowledge outside of one’s own immediate past experience and areas of expertise
- Apply strong critical thinking skills to develop solutions that address needs
- Manage your time effectively and proactively communicate with your colleagues
- Self-motivate and self-manage in a remote, but team-oriented, work environment
- Effectively use typical MS office and engagement management tools
- Be comfortable with ambiguity. We are a start-up environment and our client situations are highly variable
You have the following education, qualifications, and certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required, Advanced degrees or Certificates preferred
You have experience that looks a lot like:
- 5+ years’ experience Full Stack Java development, Core Java and Spring Boot with experience in developing UI and Services solutions.
- 3+ years’ experience developing service-oriented and web-enabled applications in mixed platform environments
- Experience with service-oriented architectures including RESTful service models
- Experience using the Agile software development methodology
- Experience with React-native for cross-platform mobile app development a strong plus
- Experience using data visualization techniques and frameworks, such as D3 a plus
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study or at least 4 years of software development experience