FRAMEWORKS: React, Serverless Framework, Terraform, React Native, .Net
AWS CLOUD: Lambda, EKS, ECS, EC2, DynamoDb, AuroraDb, Kinesis, SNS, SQS, Redshift, API Gateway, Cloudformation, Cloudfront, S3, IAM
TESTING: Jest, Mocha, Chai, Enzyme, NUnit, XUnit
CICD: Jenkins, GitHub Actions
SOURCE CONTROL: GitHub
PROCESS: JIRA, Confluence, GitHub
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU:
- Work effectively with a team of 2-4 other developers, QA, Scrum, Design and Product to build an amazing software product
- Push to production multiple times a day, from multiple different microservices
- Thoughtful in code reviews with the ability to contribute and the desire to learn
- Domain driven approach to breakout problems into smaller pieces based on business needs
- A test first approach to writing software
- Trust and autonomy to build the right solution the right way
- 3+ years of hands on development experience
- 2+ years with ES6 and current JS frameworks like React, Vue, or Angular
- 2+ years working with RESTful APIs
- 1+ years working in the cloud, thinking with a “cloud first” approach
- Experience with modern web development techniques such as semantic HTML, accessibility, SEO techniques, server side rendering, etc.
- Experience with npm, webpack, Jenkins or similar CI build systems
- Experience with strongly, statically typed languages and OOP principles in C#
- Experience with React Native or mobile development
uShip’s Software Engineers work on agile teams, solving challenging problems in the logistics e-commerce space. We are looking for an engineer to help create our next wave of products. Ideal candidate believes in a pragmatic approach, is creative, but able to embrace elegant simplicity in both code and infrastructure. You’ll be building the foundation that enables us to empower the logistics landscape and help customers all over the world.
Why work at uShip?
uShip offers big-company benefits in a small-ish sized company because we really value and are committed to our people. There are even some extras that will surprise you.
- 100% Paid Health and Dental available
- 401(k) matching with no vesting
- Stock Options
- 100% paid maternity and paternity leave
- uShip shipping credit ($750)
- Pet Insurance
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursements
- Casual dress code
- Remote interviewing and onboarding (full time remote work until further notice)
uShip is the world’s first and largest shipping marketplace, making it quicker, easier, and more affordable to ship large or bulky items. Consumers and businesses can compare and book bids from hundreds of thousands of customer-reviewed transportation service providers, ranging from independent owner-operators to the largest freight carriers and brokers. From cars to cranes and furniture to freight, our straightforward and transparent platform helps people, businesses, e-commerce sellers, and multinational logistics companies ship with greater speed and efficiency. Customers save money and service providers make money using their empty cargo space – everyone wins!
Inclusivity is Key!
We welcome diversity in all its forms, and believe we’re better collaborators, strategizers, and thinkers because of it. We show pride in our community by giving back and working with local charities. uShip is an equal opportunity employer. We are inspired to find candidates who embody our Core Values. uShip prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, parental status, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.