ruby on rails
We are currently seeking a Software Development Manager to work on Clio Grow & the Client Experience. This role can be performed from one of our Canadian offices, remotely across Canada or a combination of both. Some exceptions may apply.
What your team does:
This role is within our Client Experience Portfolio, which is dedicated to helping lawyers deliver client-centric experiences that improve the accessibility of legal services, elevate the experiences of clients dealing with a legal issue and ultimately transform the practice of law. Come help lawyers acquire new clients, collect legal data, augment their web presence and just plain win in a legal consumer market where the expectations of digital natives are rising at breathtaking speed.
What you'll be doing:
- Coach, manage, and develop a team of developers and tech leads;
- Contribute to, and have a deep understanding of, the codebase and the tools and systems that support our software development processes;
- Continuously expand your technical skills;
- Maintain and foster a collaborative environment that highlights team prioritization, removing roadblocks, and sharing unique and creative solutions;
- Elevate and educate on our product development process within Clio, contributing to our cultural values of No doors, only windows (an emphasis on collaboration and clear communication) and Live a learning mindset (an emphasis on constant self-improvement and evolution in the face of change).
You may be a fit for this role if have:
- Demonstrated success in people leadership in software development, particularly with large scale SaaS products;
- A background in hands-on software development;
- Diverse base of knowledge that allows you to help your team solve complex technical problems;
- The ability to describe successful projects you worked on, as well as a collection of lessons learned from failed projects; and
- Demonstrated ability to hire the best and brightest engineers in a fast-paced job market—and to coach, develop, and retain engineering talent; You are equally energized by both your own technical work as well as contributing to the career growth of your team;
- You have strong opinions that are weakly held, and foster that same attitude in others;
- You believe in providing honest, actionable feedback to your team, and encourage your team to reciprocate;
- You devise roadmaps to guide your team, but aren't beholden to them -- you easily adapt to a constantly changing world.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- A philosophy on what makes for great software development teams;
- Experience with CRM products at scale; and
- Experience with Ruby on Rails.
Where your team works:
Clio is currently transitioning to a workplace that is distributed by design. This means that Clio offers employees more choice: the opportunity to work from one of our hub offices across Canada, remotely, or a combination of both. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology and culture to ensure our team members are able to do their best work whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.