The Team Lead will be a core contributor to our software development team. He or she is a hands-on technical manager with responsibilities in the areas of software development, technical leadership, and management of direct reports.
- Manage a team of developers (2-7) including the full range of management responsibilities (i.e. hiring, terminations, time off, performance improvement plans, career development, onboarding, one-on-ones, and reviews).
- Day-to-day execution of executive vision within his/her areas of responsibility (i.e. upward communication regarding needs, status, and follow-through).
- Manage daily scrums and sprint planning for his/her teams and components.
- Mentoring team members.
Technical Leadership Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership and architectural guidance over one or more subject areas.
- Code reviews.
- Enhance and maintain our applications with high-quality code contributing across the full stack.
- Enhance and use our growing DevOps platform within AWS.
- Contribute to the architecture of our product line.
- Ensure code contributions meet our standards for quality and stability through testing.
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies and best practices.
- Clearly communicate ideas and expectations.
- Research and development of new technologies.
- Demonstrated experience managing people.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science,
- Management Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 6 years of full-time software development experience.
- Experience with ReactJS, Redux, or Django.
- Demonstrated experience with design patterns.
- Experience with core AWS services.
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases.
- The ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Nice to have:
- Experience with computer vision
- Experience with OpenCV, Skimage, or Rasterio
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with GIS
- Experience in applied machine learning or artificial intelligence.