We are an independent team of technical diverse engineers and analysts taking care of the data platform at FRIDAY. Our mission is to bring data & statistics to FRIDAY's products and processes which includes data ingestion, analysis and software development.
For instance, last year we developed an internal product that simulates the yearly renewal process in car insurance in order to help our pricing team to adjust premiums to the best for our customers. In this project, we are connecting a lot of different data sources, analyze data using statistical models and provide a simple user interface for our pricing team so they can run simulations on their own.
Your first task could include an extension of this product. You would work hand-in-hand with our data analysts in order to improve statistical models that were developed by them, add more data sources, improve the user interface and the overall - still PoC-ish - architecture.
Python powers most of our microservices which are deployed to Kubernetes. We prefer quality over high output: All code is committed to Git. We use GitLab CI and manage our infrastructure in Terraform. Our services are running on AWS exclusively. Data processing and business logic happen in SQL, Spark, workflow orchestration are done by Airflow.
- Opportunity to work for one of the fast-rising InsurTech Startups in Europe.
- Culture of diversity and creativity with smart people who take pride in what they do.
- We offer you a fair salary, flexible working hours, the possibility of remote work, a permanent work contract and 30 vacation days.
- Get the best benefit for you: choose between a free public transport ticket, an Urban Sports Club membership or a subsidy for your lunch meals.
- We maintain an open and friendly working atmosphere and offer you an exciting workplace in Berlin-Mitte.