Baltimore ,MD or U.S. Remote
Protenus is paving the way in healthcare with a leading, comprehensive approach to compliance analytics. Providing healthcare leaders full insight into how health data is being used, and alerting privacy, security and compliance teams to inappropriate activity, Protenus helps our partner hospitals make decisions about how to better protect their data, their patients, and their institutions. This year, Protenus was named one of Forbes' Best Startup Employers, one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare and Family Friendliest Companies by Modern Healthcare, and certified as a Great Place to Work.
We are rapidly expanding and looking to strengthen our front-end development team. We’re looking for talented individuals who are smart, passionate, and want to drive a positive change in the health IT industry. If you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative workplace, Protenus provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every day. If you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table that reflect your experience and personality, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here. To hear more from our technical team and learn about what we're building, check out our tech blog.
We look for software engineers to help craft our product offering by bringing their breadth of experience to the table. Experience with full-stack development is used to craft and manipulate data in document-based databases and build out services-support for UI features.
Our front-end team is responsible for delivering accurate and insightful information through a delightful user experience. In turn, our product offers an array of interesting problems to solve: scalability, optimization, and modularizing a data-driven UI. Projects include building React components, engineering rich visualizations in D3, designing and building world-class interactions, and architecting back-end solutions in Java for complex customer needs. You will be working as part of a small team of front-end engineers who are focused on building new features and improvements within our modern interface for our rapidly growing and highly diverse customer base.
Key Qualifications, Skills, Competencies
- At least 3 years professional experience developing back-end web applications, particularly in Java
- You have a critical, detail-oriented eye for design and interaction, and aren't afraid to make design decisions
- You love to build high-quality code with efficiency and maintainability in mind
- You are comfortable working with the command line, specifically tools such as Git, NPM, and Make
- You enjoy working on a team with talented developers and designers
Nice to have skills/experience (or you can learn them with us):
- A strong portfolio of work that you can share, such as a personal website, or a publicly visible product (e.g. a GitHub or Codepen account that demonstrates what you love to do)
- Experience with React, webpack, D3, or similar tools
- Experience writing front-end unit tests using Jest, Karma, Mocha, or similar
- Experience with Java
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience consuming REST APIs
- Experience with E2E testing and associated tools such as Selenium, Protractor, or others
- Experience working in an agile development process
- Interest or experience in data collection and visualization
We value diversity on our team and firmly believe Protenus is stronger when we hire people who make their own unique contributions to our culture. We welcome all applicants and encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Join our team to see how you can learn and grow with us.