amazon web services
A talented software engineer is needed on the Element 84 team supporting NASA in its mission to provide scientists and other users access to data from NASA’s Earth science missions. As a member of this team, software engineers will build innovative tools allowing scientists and students alike to discover, transform, update and improve the quality of earth science data in the pursuit of solving a wide range of environmental and socio-economic issues. Specifically, this opening is for a software engineer on the NASA EED-2 Cumulus team. Cumulus is an AWS hosted data archive for Earth science records from around the world. The Cumulus team is an established and high performing agile team working in the Scaled Agile Framework methodology.
This is a full time, salaried position. Please submit your information, resume and cover letter if you are interested in this permanent position in the Washington, DC metro area. Remote candidates welcome.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle from user story generation, through design, development, automated testing and operational support
- Develop new feature ideas to meet the ever evolving needs of our end-users
- Continually help the team grow by sharing new ideas and industry best practices
- Suggest improvements to processes and tools to help the team be more efficient
Here are the guidelines we're looking at to gauge experience and skillset:
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience with React
- Experience with Front-end design and development
- Experience with UI/UX experience and customer focused interviews
- Ability to work as a member of small team using the Scrum methodology
- Firm commitment to automated testing and continuous integration
- Proponent of continuous improvement; willingness to bring new ideas to the team
- Energetic, self-motivated, team player
- Degree in a technical major, such as Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience with node.js
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) including at a minimum S3, IAM, Lambda and Terraform
- Experience working in a development team using an Agile methodology (preferably Scrum or SAFe)
- Experience with the Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo)
- Experience developing on MacOS X and deploying to Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Experience presenting at technical conferences
This position requires that applicants be a US Citizen must be able to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquires (NACI) screening.