ruby on rails
Are you interested in joining a growing SaaS company that helps content owners connect with audiences and develop video businesses?
We are looking for a Latin America-based software engineer excited about content management, APIs, cloud computing, and video to join our NYC-based engineering team building out the infrastructure for digital video.
What’s exciting about this role:
- You will be part of a highly experienced technical team, working in a collaborative fast paced environment and facing exciting challenges.
- Our majestic core monolith is in Ruby on Rails 5.1.7, Ruby 2.6.6 and MongoDB 4.0
- Buuuut we don't only do Ruby or Ruby on Rails, we have new (micro)services using NodeJS, GoLang, and Sinatra.
- And we don't only use MongoDB, other services use MySql and Postgre.
- We have our own amazing Infrastructure team and we love them !
- Our infrastructure is running mostly in Google Cloud leveraging Kubernetes and Docker. We also have some services running in AWS using SQS, Lambda, EC2 and ECS
- We use Terraform to handle resources lifecycle in AWS and GCP.
- We use CircleCI as our continuous integration and delivery platform. CircleCI runs specs and makes the deployment for us!!
- Create and negotiate story cards in collaboration with team
- Participate in a software development process that includes 3 week sprints, daily standups and heavy use of JIRA
- Design, author and ship user facing dashboard and developer facing APIs using Ruby on Rails and related technologies
- Participate software architecture discussions & write software architecture documentation
- Review and edit engineering and user facing documentation
What you will need:
- 2+ years of professional experience with Ruby and Rails, as well as related development and testing tools
- Understanding of DNS, HTTP, and related foundational web protocols and RFCs
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, comfortable with using video and online collaboration tools
- Experience with video transcoding and video players a big plus
Why become a Zypester?
You will be developing in a global team that is planning to grow by 60% in 2021 to build the infrastructure for digital video. You’ll make a durable mark on our organization, people, and product that is supporting video streaming to over 70 million households (and growing).
We foster collaboration, invest in training & development, promote from within and encourage Zypesters to support those causes they deeply care about.
Read more about becoming a Zypester, how we live by our Core Values and invest in our team with awesome benefits at http://www.zype.com/careers