Does having a tremendous impact and broad scope of protecting Yelp’s data, employees, and our millions of users excite you? As a Software Engineer in Security, you will be responsible for partnering with different engineering teams at Yelp to help build features, tools, and libraries to enable security by default. You’ll also work to identify and fix vulnerabilities in the products we build, as well as work with external security researchers through our public bug bounty program.
Where You Come In:
- Develop and deploy authentication and security related components of Yelp’s website and mobile apps.
- Create and maintain libraries used across multiple Yelp apps for secure communication and data storage.
- Partner with mobile, frontend, and backend teams to architect and develop features in a secure, and scalable manner.
- Validate and remediate vulnerabilities reported in our bug bounty.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Ready to work in the UK
- While previous application security experience is a plus, we are looking for strong software generalists first, with an interest in application security.
- Understanding of HTML5, current, and emerging browser security models.
- 3-5 years of software engineering experience.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering.
What You'll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 25 days paid holiday initially, rising to 29 with service
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- £58 per month toward any exercise of your choice
- Quarterly offsites