ation Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
Our work in education is aimed at ensuring that every student — not just a lucky few — can get an education that’s tailored to their individual needs and supports every aspect of their development. We’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy, and advocacy work to help every energetic person enter adulthood with the skills and abilities they need to reach their full potential — and equip every teacher with the tools and research they need to help students get there. The Education Infrastructure team supports the development of the Summit Learning Platform and Along. By building shared tools and infrastructure, we ensure that the platform is stable, performant, secure, and scalable. In this role, you will partner closely with members of the product engineering team and the core infrastructure team to cultivate shared best practices that will allow the entire team to rapidly improve our product.
Frontend Infra Team Culture:
- Autonomy and collaboration - Engineers contribute to our roadmap and we work as a team, with other teams to accomplish our goals.
- Sustainable development - We believe that functionally complete does not mean it’s ready for production. We care about automated tests, accessibility, responsiveness, monitoring, taking vacation, and building for the long term.
- Growth - Technical and professional growth are important for every engineer
- Build tools and processes to increase automated testing adoption in the org (react-testing-library, puppeteer)
- Evangelize best practices in frontend development in partnership with product engineering teams
- Design, build, and maintain frontend infrastructure that improve performance and reliability through tooling, build systems, and shared components
- Contribute to the development of the design system to increase productivity of product teams. Help make our platform responsive
- Prototype and implement animations/flourishes to augment the product experience
- Initiate and complete migrations (library upgrades, Flow -> Typescript, etc)
- Build systems and tools for product teams to ensure our applications are accessible
- 5+ years of relevant coding experience
- Shown ability to work collaboratively with teams and ship high-quality code
- Strong ownership over projects and can work with ambiguity
- Eagerness to learn and grow as a software engineer and contribute back by mentoring others
You’ve ideally worked with (any):
- Jest, React Testing Library, Puppeteer (or some other UI testing framework)
- Design Systems
- Web performance
- Analytics Tracking (Segment)
CZI believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. It aligns to our mission and work to cure, manage, and prevent disease. Proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination will be required for all applicants and employees to come onsite to a CZI facility. CZI will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.