In-office locations: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India; Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
Remote location(s): India.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in working with front end technologies and/or front end frameworks.
- Masters degree, or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science or other technical related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with user-interface design.
- Background in computer science, with a focus on data structures, algorithms, and API design.
- Ability to learn other coding languages.
- Demonstrated ability to share knowledge via formal mentoring, reviewing code, reviewing design documents, providing technical talks, teaching classes, or as a consultant on projects.
About the job
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
The Customer Engagement engineering team is central in helping Google learn from billions of users to improve product quality and experience. On this team you'll help build innovative intelligence-first solutions with unique exposure to Google-wide products and have impact on billions of users.
Hiring teams include:
Googles mobile payments and commerce app for our Next Billions Users (NBU) markets. It was made first for India with an incredible adoption since launch.
The Web search team works on critical search features that reside in the Google.com search result page. These involve cutting edge ML and information retrieval techniques around language and text understanding, sophisticated ranking algorithms, building large-scale serving infrastructure, and UI innovation to surface rich structured information in search. The team focuses both on solving important India-specific search problems and technologies that cater to global search features.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Design and implement new user-facing features in Googles products.
- Write client-side code for web-based applications, create fast, easy-to-use, high volume production applications, and develop prototypes.
- Optimize web applications to maximize speed and scale.