ruby on rails
Working within our Growth group, you'll join our Website / Marketing Platform team consisting of a Product Manager, Salesforce Administrators and Engineers. This team is primarily responsible for our Website and Salesforce both of which are valuable assets for a lot of departments in the business. Specifically in this role, you’ll work with a collaborative group of engineers, designers, product managers and stakeholders outside the engineering organisation, helping to shape our website so that it provides a great experience for all visitors, including both our existing and potential customers, suppliers, affiliates and partners.
You'll be mentored by our more experienced engineers to help you increase your knowledge and learn the skills required to progress in your career. We believe in a learning culture and encourage self-development. We have regular 'wiggle weeks' and we hold our legendary 'Hack Days' twice a year. Engineers write about what they do, and what they learn, on our popular engineering blog.
You get to use exciting modern technologies at FreeAgent.
You can see the full list on StackShare.
Your typical week will involve:
- You’ll be working across the entire business - our Website is a shared concern; it fulfils a purpose for every department at FreeAgent and, as such, you will be interacting with a variety of people on a daily basis
- Work closely with other engineers, product managers and designers to deliver an amazing web experience for our customers, and shipping changes to production via our best-in-class continuous delivery platform (we deploy dozens of times a day!)
- Help your team plan, estimate and deliver projects. Shipping isn't just about merging pull requests – we put an emphasis on writing culture and ask engineers to document what they've created to expand our collective knowledge
- Contribute new ideas for developing features and refactoring areas of code
- Share what you've learned by talking at our weekly Engineering Forum
- Continually expand your knowledge of both our business and technology domain. We have the resources and we give you the time to learn!
We look for:
- Commercial experience of developing and maintaining web applications
- Enthusiasm for taking complex problems and simplifying them for customers
- Attention to detail. We value people who believe a job worth doing is worth doing right
- Pragmatism; being committed to getting things done while understanding tradeoffs
- A high level of self-motivation and self-awareness
- A commitment to ongoing self-development, improving both technical and soft skills. If you have the commitment, we can provide opportunities for you.
- Strong communication skills. Being able to write well and articulate your thoughts are great skills to have in any business.
Annual salary £34,000 - £50,000. We provide a comprehensive package of employee benefits, such as 33 days holiday (increasing year on year!), private health care, life assurance, 5% matched pension contributions, and buy-as-you-earn share schemes. Find out more on our website.