As a Software Engineer in Test, you will be responsible for the testing of web and mobile-based applications and internal systems. This role requires a strong ability to quickly determine the best testing approach for projects, the ability to work efficiently, independently, and to be able to handle multiple projects concurrently. This position reports to the Quality Assurance and Release Manager and works closely with the Software Engineers, Customer Success, and Project Managers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads automated testing efforts
- Develops software to aid in quality assurance
- Ensures appropriate automated tests are successful before release
- Analyze, document, and track feature requests, tasks, and defects to resolution.
- Develop test plans (e.g., sanity tests) used in testing based on business requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge to ensure expected behavior.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously and learn new applications quickly.
- Document detailed steps involved in reproducing a problem which will be helpful for development.
- Clearly communicate testing and project status.
- Enlist best-practices and regularly participate in process improvement activities.
- Collaborate in efforts to improve QA practices.
- Prepare test plans and test cases for software applications as per requirements
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized with strong record-keeping and documentation skills
Education and Experience:
- Software development experience is required
- Automated testing experience is preferred
- Experience with Selenium / Cucumber / Gherkin
- Prolonged periods of sitting, or standing if preferred, at a desk and working on a computer.
Limitations and Disclaimer:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work performed; it is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and required skills for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State laws. The job description is subject to change at any time. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.