Ubuntu is the most widely used Linux platform for innovation from cloud to connected devices. Metal as a Service (MAAS) is an open source project for turning your data centre into a private cloud.
This engineer would join the team working on MAAS, with a focus on automated testing. Useful domain knowledge includes networking and server provisioning. You will be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of automated testing of MAAS.
The role is in an international problem-solving environment and the questions require answers that can be challenging yet very exciting. The right candidate must be resourceful, quick-thinking, and able to deliver on a wide variety of solutions across data centre technologies.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Member of the MAAS Team, peer of Software Engineers and Developer Advocate (Technical Author)
- Triage bugs - analyse bugs in order to identify gaps in testing
- Triage automated test failures
- Owns the MAAS quality strategy
- Drive the development and maintenance of quality and continuous integration tests and practices
- Deliver incremental improvements to CI tests, moving towards strategic quality goals.
- Bug fixes in MAAS (not required)
- Work from your home as part of an international team
- Travel required, two to four weeks a year (when it is deemed safe to resume travel)
Required skills and experience
- BA/BS (or higher) degree in Computer Science or related engineering field
- 4 + years of experience as a software engineer or automated tester
- 2+ years of experience with Python programming
- A solid understanding of the makeup of a modern GNU/Linux distribution, Debian or Ubuntu preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
Desired skills and experience
- Experience with Jenkins, familiarity with Jenkins Pipelines
- Experience with MAAS
- Familiarity with Linux networking and storage
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the worlds computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.