PacketFabric is looking for a Software Engineer in Test! This person will join a team of engineers, helping ensure our releases, integrations, and network continue to perform as our customers expect. PacketFabric redefines how companies procure, consume, and manage their network connectivity.
You love testing and making sure everything works! You create meticulous integration tests and have an eye for finding those edge cases that software engineers miss. You enjoy digging into complex systems and ensuring all parts of it work as expected. You're looking to take your "how does this work?" inquisitive nature and use it to improve our network as a service platform. A typical day might include these types of activities:
- Work closely within the SRE and development teams - Network, Backend, Frontend - to create test cases.
- Create and maintain test cases and scenarios for our APIs.
- Troubleshooting complex issues to provide detailed and repeatable steps to replicate.
- Create and maintain test cases for our various integrations with third parties (including Stripe and Salesforce).
- Create and maintain UI based test cases and scenarios.
- Create scale testing for various systems.
- Asking good questions.
The right candidate will have enough programming experience to know what edge cases programmers commonly miss and have solid instincts for testing frameworks and methodologies. You don’t need to be reminded to test for security issues or look at the web console for errors because it’s just part of your nature. More specifics include:
- You are comfortable with Python, experienced with testing frameworks and know how to perform more than unit tests. We utilize PyTest.
- You have multiple years of experience developing or testing on a large project
- Comfortable on any *nix command line
- Detailed documentation skills - especially when reproducing bugs or describing new features
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Be comfortable with Git version control and project tracking tools like JIRA in a team environment
- Experience working in an environment leveraging remote communication collaboration tools like Slack, Zoom etc.
- Previous exposure to networking protocols and concepts such as IPv4/6, VLANs, VPNs, BGP, etc.
- Previous experience integrating or testing integrations with Salesforce
We strive to keep our hiring process transparent and simple. Below is the process our candidates go through.
- Job application submission (you are here).
- 30-minute phone interview with the hiring manager or team lead.
- Take-home coding project assignment, relevant to the job description.
- Two or three 45-60 minute phone interviews with engineers (peers) with whom you will regularly interact at PacketFabric.
- 30 minute phone screen with Product and Engineering member of management (optional)
- Reference check