We are a self-funded, London based startup of a steep growth trajectory. We provide developers and DevOps teams a self-service cloud-native delivery platform, with which organisations can ship applications quickly, securely and at scale by automating away the complexities of cloud and Kubernetes. With us our customers, like the UK’s Home Office or Bank of England, are harnessing cloud-native technologies, limiting the challenges of infrastructure management and rapidly delivering digital products.
We are on a mission to enable organisations to make cloud and software delivery simple and efficient, whilst having the insights into costs, security and cadence. As a company that holds customers at the heart of everything we do, we are looking for candidates that want to make a real change and support organisations as they move to cloud and use it easily.
You will get an opportunity to help shape how businesses deliver applications and improve the developer experience with well thought through products and engineering.
You will research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve Appvia’s product offerings, working with a talented cross-functional agile team.
You will be passionate about your industry and get an opportunity to make a real difference to the business you are part of.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Collaborate with colleagues and users on a regular basis to build out assumptions with prototypes
- Build features whilst maintaining backwards compatibility
- Express improvements and ideas to further develop products
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders to drive out user requirements
- Lead on an idea, design and deliver working prototypes
- A strong understanding of the full software development lifecycle
- Passionate about driving the best product outcomes for all users
- Ability to challenge and understand real user requirements and map them to tangible technical objectives
- Pragmatic and methodical approach in solving difficult technical problems
- Understanding of scalable and distributed microservice concerns
- Ability to architect and maintain backward compatible APIs
- A passion for new technology and automation
- Practical understanding of distributed systems
- Good understanding of industry best practices
- At least 5 years designing and developing backend systems ideally in Golang
- Experience of working on and contributing to Open Source Software projects
- Previous exposure to modern front-end frameworks
- Experienced in BDD and test automation
- Experience developing on and with the Kubernetes API
- Previous Ruby/Python experience would be beneficial
- Exposure to Cloud and Developer PaaS products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills