We are building a microservice architecture based on event sourcing using Pulsar. Our services are written in Golang and use PostgreSQL as an operational database. We use SemaphoreCI to deploy our services to a GKE cluster, which is provisioned using Terraform.
A good candidate should have high standards for himself, a desire to build high-quality, well-tested, production-ready solutions and constantly improve his/her skills. We expect you to take ownership of some parts of the platform, be proactive over the entire development lifecycle and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. If this sounds scary, don’t worry - you won’t be alone in this. We value teamwork, trust, communication and a healthy working relationship, so you can always count on the team for support.
- You have good problem-solving skills, a tendency towards simple and effective solutions, and a “getting things done” mentality.
- Analytical thinking, troubleshooting skills, attention to detail.
- You are a reliable, trustworthy person that keeps their promises.
- Interest in keeping yourself up to date and learning new technologies.
- Product-oriented mindset and eagerness to take part in shaping the products we build.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fully distributed team.
- Good communication skills in verbal and written English.
We are hiring for talent, not for a specific location. You will find that members of our team are distributed all over Europe. Being a distributed team enables us to hire only the best, without being restricted to the talent pool available at a specific geographic location. However, to facilitate team communication and collaboration we currently require you to be located in Europe. You must also be able to travel to other European locations a few times a year for on-site meetings and workshops.
The budgeted compensation range for this role is €58,000 to €76,000 annually, depending on your background and experience. As an independent contractor, you will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees in your country of residence. In addition to that, we offer a number of perks to each of our team members as we truly believe in a healthy work-life balance and continuous learning.
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar technical field
- 1+ years of professional software development experience using Go
- Experience building large-scale distributed systems, communicating asynchronously via message passing using RabbitMQ, Kafka or Pulsar
- Deep understanding of DDD, CQRS, microservices architecture, and SQL/NoSQL data stores
- Ability to write clean, efficient, maintainable, and well-tested code
- Familiarity with test automation, cloud and containerization technologies, code instrumentation and CI/CD pipelines
- Interest in taking full ownership of your services and managing them in a production environment including the troubleshooting of live incidents