Remote Jobs in Worldwide>
Hybrid working - Mixture of Home & Office working available
WHO WE ARE
FinancialForce delivers the #1 professional services automation (PSA) and the only customer-centric ERP solution. We accelerate business value with comprehensive best practices and the most intelligent analytics—all on the leading business cloud platform from Salesforce.
FinancialForce knows that each individual brings something special to the team, exemplifying a diverse and inclusive work environment. We embrace your authenticity and encourage our employees to “Bring Yourself” to work every day!
As a Software Engineer in the FinancialForce development team, you will be involved in the technical design, development and test automation of all aspects of the FinancialForce product line. You will develop, enhance, maintain software and write automated tests, in accordance with the Force.com best practices as specified by Salesforce.com.
The job can be either office-based or entirely remote working from home. If office-based we employ a hybrid model with a high degree of flexibility where people typically work in the office two or three days a week and from home two or three days a week. If entirely remote you will be expected to visit our Harrogate office, on a company-funded short trip of two to three days, typically three to four times a year and maybe up to six times depending on project needs.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE
Your responsibilities will include designing, coding, test automation, debugging and performance analysis. You may get involved with customer deployments, partner product integrations and competitive benchmarking.
This position requires someone who has great interpersonal skills to work with many different departments within the company including Support, Consulting, Product Management, and Engineering. You will be developing high quality code that will be rolled out to hundreds of prospective customers. You are comfortable developing in Object Oriented languages, such as Java, .Net, or ideally, the Salesforce Apex language.
The job is office based and involves working as a member of a project team building new functionality or enhancing existing functionality in line with FinancialForce’s development program. Knowledge of scrum methodology would be an advantage as well as having developed packaged solutions sold to external customers
- Knowledge and experience of complex enterprise applications and advanced OO patterns and architecture principles, such as database design and concurrent users
- Working with the Product Owner, Business Analysts and Technical Architect to develop software from a set of requirements using the scrum methodology.
- Working within a scrum team
- To assist with training other members of the team
- To review User Help documentation.
- Working within a framework of published standards and practices within the company.
- The development of high quality software within agreed timescales
- Work with Business Analysts providing technical advice and guidance
- Support of the operational business through adoption of new technologies and development of ad-hoc prototypes
- Smooth throughput of various planned and unanticipated issues arising during the development phases
- Supporting the SCRUM release planning and sprint planning process through analysis and estimation of development work
- Development of Automated Tests
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
- Experience of developing in Object Oriented languages, Java or C# or other related languages
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject (such as Computer Science)
- Demonstrable experience of developing enterprise applications. Also skilled at analysing and solving problems including understanding of application architecture principles
- Understanding of data integration, Web Services and REST Services
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills with the R&D team members
- Resourcefulness in getting over problems and establishing clarity
- Great communication skills
WHAT ELSE WOULD BE GREAT
- Managing time and projects
- Ability to communicate well with staff in customer-support and other departments
- Experience developing on Force.com
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all; applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.