Geomagical Labs is a visual AI research & development lab in the San Francisco Bay Area, led by successful serial entrepreneurs, and funded by a large global brand. We are applying novel computer vision technologies to an exciting indoor perception application to be launched to hundreds of millions of users.
We are looking for an ambitious & high-productivity software engineer, with solid 3D Computer Vision foundations and a passion for building new technology, to join our lab. In this role, you will drive experiments, produce & evaluate rapid prototypes, and build production-quality implementations of indoor 3D reconstruction algorithms and applications. Our work involves multiple view geometry (SfM, MVS, SLAM), 3D reconstruction, depth & semantics estimation, computational photography, and novel view synthesis.
Candidates must be excellent software engineers, proficient in Python and modern C++, and enjoy building tools. Candidates must have experience working on 3D computer vision problems, with solid foundations in 3D geometry and linear algebra. Familiarity with 2D vision (point & line features, matching, homographies), 3D multiple view geometry (SfM, MVS, SLAM), depth & semantics estimation, computational photography, and view synthesis are all helpful. Candidates must be adventurous and enthusiastic about an entrepreneurial innovation experience.
For the right candidate, this role can be a exciting opportunity, developing deeper and broader technical skills in 3D AI, computer vision, and mixed reality, while gaining professional engineering experience, building a track record shipping innovations to mass-scale audiences, and participating as a core member of an influential entrepreneurial enterprise.
Our headquarters is located in downtown Mountain View, California, and we will be opening an office in central Seattle. Working from one of our office locations is preferred (once public health conditions permits), but experienced candidates who are able to work and lead effectively while remote, will be considered for fully remote work.
- Unique opportunity to deliver first-to-market, indoor computer vision advancements to hundreds of millions of people.
- Strong people-first culture with generous PTO, a focus on improving each other, and an actively shaped team culture to ensure a happy and healthy working environment for all.
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic R&D team of successful serial entrepreneurs, software developers, computer vision & AI researchers, and graphics engineers.
- Headquartered in Mountain View, California, in the heart of the Castro Street downtown --- an easy walk from restaurants, coffee shops, the Stevens Creek Trail, and Caltrain commuter rail. Central Seattle office planned for the Fall.
- Location is flexible - experienced candidates may work from any location, as long as you have reliable internet access and can work most hours of a Pacific Time work day.
- Excellent health and retirement benefits. Full medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- We will sponsor U.S. work visas for international candidates.