KidPass has a newly created opportunity for an Engineer II to join our growing team! This role will report into our New York office or remote based in select US locations (AL, CA, CT, FL, GA, ID, MA, MD, MI, MO, NC, NE, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, WA, WY).
KidPass, a BEGiN Company, is the leading marketplace for parents to discover and book amazing kids activities including in-person classes, online classes, and tutoring. We work with thousands of teachers and kids activity providers, including Gymboree, Kidville, Super Soccer Stars, Music Together, YMCA, JCC, the Museum of Modern Art, and many more! Backed by leading tech investors, KidPass has rapidly grown to become the largest kids activities marketplace.
HOMER, a BEGiN brand, is the proven early learning program that provides the best educational start possible. We offer personalized, fun, and proven learning products for kids ages 0-10 to help build confidence, mastery, and a love of learning. We are deeply committed to our members and to their children, and we are building a creative and strategic team to develop a portfolio of early learning products that support learning everywhere.
Reporting into our Director of Engineering, the Engineer II will be responsible for supporting our operations, customer service, marketing, and growth teams. You will help optimize marketing funnels and work closely with product on improving the end-user experience.
- Advocate for best practices and technologies
- Look for ways to make KidPass better every day
- Contribute in daily stand-ups and our version of Scrum
- Ensure high-quality delivery each sprint-- breaking down features into small, deployable stories
- Support tech needs of marketing, growth, customer service, and partner operation teams
- Has experience building NodeJS apps independently
- Proficient in CSS
- Proficient in SQL
- Proficient with ReactJS
- Familiarity with Git
- Familiar with responsive web design and object-oriented programming
- Familiar with unit testing and integration testing
- Passionate about high-quality code
- Passionate about shipping code
- Motivated, can-do attitude, and ability to get things done while working independently and as part of a team
We like people who:
- Are open to suggestions, collaborative, and thrive in team environments
- Love and are willing to learn new technologies and styles
- Are scrappy, entrepreneurial with the ability to turnaround high-quality projects quickly without depending on a large team
What you’ll get:
- HOMER offers competitive compensation including equity and full benefits.
- Smart, passionate, and engaged co-workers.
- Excellent top-tier Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- The chance to have a big impact, quickly
- The rare opportunity to make a dent in the universe. We’re bringing a love of reading and learning to children globally!
HOMER is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
At HOMER, we are committed to building a diverse team of talented people who are passionate about creating educational content kids love. We believe in fostering a culture where productivity can flourish, one that is empathetic, respectful, and inclusive. At HOMER, we know that diversity, equity, and inclusion aren’t just an idea, a one-time initiative, or phrases to throw into a job post: they’re a daily practice and an ongoing conversation. We survey our team about inclusivity, run training on DEI topics, and have a committee to ensure we are all continuing to learn and grow.