MessageBird is transforming the communications landscape as one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world. Our cloud communications platform makes it possible for businesses to instantly connect with over 7 billion phones globally, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Our suite provides access to all major messaging channels, from SMS and Voice to WeChat, Messenger, Facebook, WhatsApp and more. We provide out-of-the-box solutions with our own applications like Inbox and Flow Builder, plus a robust set of APIs that simplify workflows and automation.
With over 20,000 customers — including some of the world’s biggest brands like Facebook, Deliveroo, Uber and WhatsApp — it’s likely that you’ve benefited from MessageBird’s omnichannel technology at some point. For small and mid-sized businesses, we also offer support and solutions through an Online Self-Serve (OSS) dashboard.
Our global team is a powerhouse of 350+ employees, who work across eight international offices. We’re excited that you’re here and interested to #jointhenest.
How we work
We work fast, grow fast, and build fast. Life at MessageBird moves in fast-forward motion. We’re a team that focuses on making an impact — right from day one. We are go-getters, industry leaders, and dreamers. Risk takers. Roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people. We thrive on transparency, and we value solution-minded attitudes.
We are all driven by one ethos: Get Shit Done. We love shaping things together and leveraging different perspectives, because that makes our products better. Our Birds are empowered with freedom and opportunity; in return, we expect honesty, courage, and agility. We own our work, and sometimes we fail. And then we get back up and cross the finish line — together as a team. Sound refreshing? We think so, too.
The role: Software Engineer (RTC - Voice)
Software Engineers play a big role in our RTC engineering squads. You’ll be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining services and components within the domain of our Voice Calling API and or SIP Trunking products. These products enable our customers to place and receive millions of voice calls per day, gain real-time insights using our Dashboard and create new and innovative voice flows.
Our voice squads have the freedom and authority to create impactful products to empower both our internal and external customers. We use an agile development methodology, meaning we deploy code multiple times per day while ensuring our applications are rigorously tested and statically analyzed.
What you’ll do
- Design and develop services related to call control and or real-time rating and charging.
- Ensure that the service your squad is responsible for is highly available, performant, fault-tolerant and scalable.
- Ensure that the service is instrumented and monitored.
What you’ll bring
- At least 5 years experience in software development
- At least 1 years experience with software development in Go
- Experience with C/C++ & PHP is an advantage.
- Understanding of SIP and related protocols like SDP, RTP and RTCP.
- Experience working with Voice services/products such as Asterisk or other B2BUA’s ,RTPEngine or other SIP/RTP Proxies & TTS Engines is also preferred.
- Experience building and designing highly scalable and available distributed systems.
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker or other similar container-based systems.
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure or similar) is preferable.
- Full (professional) proficiency in English, both verbally and written.
Psst … some added perks
- The ability to Work Anywhere — literally anywhere you want, as long as it’s in the same time zone as your team (yup… you read that right!). This comes with the added benefit of finding the right work-life balance for you by following our 80/20 rule.
- WFH office set-up allowance to make sure you have all you need to “get shit done” in an ergonomically-friendly manner.
- Top-notch work equipment (including Bose headphones!).
- MessageBird swag to keep you well-dressed.
- The occasional (virtual) company-wide and team events.
- A team of (fast-)forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues from more than 50 countries!
If you think you’re a match for this role and can bring some great skills to the MessageBird team, please apply! We’re excited to get to know you.
Read MessageBird's Recruitment Privacy Statement