Are you the newest Software Engineer at Pagefreezer?
What we do and why:
- Millions of conversations are taking place online every minute. And the content of all these conversations is often important and sensitive. Regulations demand accurate recordkeeping of all content, and companies are realizing the value of having access to complete, searchable electronic records—not only for evidence capture and litigation preparedness but also for greater insight into how and why conversations are taking place.
- We offer solutions at every stage of the information governance lifecycle (creation, retention, management, and disposal) that archives data in real-time and gives organizations a simple and effective way to search and use it.
- Pagefreezer’s Social Media Archiving and Monitoring solution enables organizations to create and share defensible records of their social media content, quickly and easily in our dashboard, in real-time—every like, share, edit, and deletion. With added features like sentiment analysis and keyword flagging, our customers can also get insights into the conversations taking place and receive alerts when inappropriate or sensitive information is shared on their platforms, to help them promote and protect their employees, customers, brand, and business.
What’s special about us:
- Our coworkers are collaborative, proactive, and interesting -- and they care about the right things. We’ve built a culture based on values that mean something to us and we practice them daily.
- Our compensation is comprehensive, competitive, and can include benefits like extended health insurance, a $600 Lifestyle Spending Account, a $1000 annual learning budget, a Tax-Free Savings Account, and a matching Retirement Savings Plan and paid time off, if you’re in Canada. Not in Canada? We’ll create a compensation package you’re excited about together.
- Our employees’ priorities matter. Career growth? Balancing work and life? Growing your own side-hustle? Helping you live your best life is #goals.
- Our track record is strong, our market opportunity is growing, and we’re already providing solutions to some of the biggest companies in the world-- and you'll be helping us accelerate even faster. Come join a sustainably profitable, small company and see the impact of your work.
What our Software Engineers do:
- Engineer business solutions and a highly available, self-healing platform (using best practices) that can handle the massive amounts of our customers’ data as we scale, optimized for high performance, efficiency, stability, and quality front of mind, using our techstack which includes:
- Docker, Swarm (and soon, Kubernetes)
- Cassandra, Postgres, ElasticSearch, Redis (we’re fans of polyglot persistence, and use what makes the most sense for scaling. We have over 50 servers with 20+ services and multiple datacenters to sync…)
- Tornado, Django, AsyncIO, and Celery
- Keep up with our API partners as they grow and change (Facebook, Twitter, Salesforce… those kinds of API partners!)
- Set our Engineering teammates up for success by writing thorough documentation, reusable libraries, and reliable tests
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders (like Product, QA, and Support, to start) to ensure a stellar Customer Experience of our product end-to-end
What makes you a great fit:
- Alignment with our Core Values
- Able to code in Python using asynchronous programming or desire to learn it quickly
- Ideally with 1-5 years working as a Software Developer or Engineer on a team with a production-quality business solution
- Understand microservices architecture that utilizes both REST APIs and event-based architecture from a security perspective (for example, understanding the vulnerabilities of HTTP Protocol)
- Realize the value of customer data traveling through the wire and the technologies used to make data cryptographically secure, such as Hashicorp Vault, SSL/TLS
- Built a live, self-healing product relying on distributed systems, using non-relational databases (bonus points if it scaled to support more clients)
- Big fan of automation -- our entire development and deployment pipeline (for our social media product) is automated using Ansible, Stackstorm (IFTTT), and Hashicorp Consul
- Top-notch team communicator, share knowledge with peers, create tools that help Devs be more productive and utilize the tools and process we use, like Slack, Jira, and GitHub, and happy to work with legacy code
- Able to work 40 hours a week and either:
- Authorized to work in Canada (anywhere in Canada works for us)
- Aspiring to work in Canada and can obtain a work permit (yes, we can help with that)
- Willing to work remotely as a contractor
- Can be anywhere in the world as long as you commit to overlapping 4-8 hours of time with Vancouver and can work with a team in English
If all this sounds awesome to you, then it’s time to apply!