Pixability brings a data-driven, scientific approach to video marketing. We are at the forefront of this revolution and use large-scale data analysis to make video content more effective. As a backend software engineer, you are a key contributor to the design and development of the system components that power our platform.
You are a highly motivated individual who is passionate about building great software. You are excited about the chance to work on the latest open source and cloud-native technologies. You enjoy working within an agile team and are energized by debate, especially around competing technologies and designs. You learn quickly and are a student of clean code and best practices. You are not afraid to speak up and ask questions, even when you think you should know the answer. You are open to new ideas and will learn from those around you. You can give and receive candid feedback as you continually strive to improve. You own what you build and rarely make the same mistake twice. You are comfortable being measured by the results. You show grit when working through the toughest challenges.
At Pixability, we build industry-leading products that create significant competitive advantages for our customers. Transparency, quality, urgency, and intellectual honesty are central tenets of our work ethics while we embrace experimentation and collaboration to produce results that customers love.
- 3+ years of software engineering developing in a modern programming language
- Computer science algorithms and data structure fundamental knowledge
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to work in an Agile development environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or experience
- 5+ years of software engineering development experience
- 3+ years experience building APIs in Python or Golang
- Experience using React
- Experience working inside the *nix command line environment
- Solid understanding of SQL, query performance considerations, schema design, and at least one ORM such as SQLAlchemy and GORM
- Experience with data pipelines including stream processing with Kafka
- Experience in advertising or marketing technologies, such as Google Ads and YouTube
- Kubernetes experience
- Machine learning experience
- Data warehousing with Snowflake and data visualization with Looker
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
Must be authorized to work in the United States or Canada
Pixability does not accept/pay fees for unsolicited resumes from third-party agencies/vendors
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Pixability is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.