ruby on rails
- A new frontend control panel to deliver a modern and polished user experience
- A new API that will enable our customers to interact with our platform in ways they never have before
- Data analytics, reporting, and visualization for both customers and internal team collaboration
- Integrations with third-party tools including GitHub and WordPress
- Collaboration with other teams including Customer Success, Marketing, and Sales to automate and improve the customer experience
- Tighter integration with our customer WordPress sites with advanced tooling and abilities from our control panel
- Daily upkeep, maintenance, monitoring of Pressable’s control panel and systems
- A new event system to enable notifications, webhooks, and websocket support with ActionCable
TOOLS AND FRAMEWORKS WE USE:
- Ruby 2.6.6 and Ruby on Rails 6
- Vue.js and Typescript
- Docker and Docker Compose
- Elastic Stack for logging and metrics
- PHP and WordPress
- Git / GitLab / GitHub
- Sass / SCSS
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR IN AN EXPERIENCED DEVELOPER:
- Passion and interest in learning new technologies and a drive to improve our existing projects
- Comfortable with a fast paced environment and shifting priorities based on the needs of the business
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Take ownership of projects from idea to implementation
- Drive to succeed with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to accomplish goals
- Knowledge of design patterns and organization
- Advanced experience with multiple programming languages and frameworks
- Ruby on Rails
- Product design and user experience
- Experience with WordPress
- Advanced proficiency with at least one scripting language such as Bash, PHP, or Python
- Advanced proficiency with JS and/or TypeScript
- Experience with React/Redux and/or Vue.js/Vuex
- Experience building REST API’s
- Linux (Debian)
- Open source contributions
HOW WE WORK:
- We iterate continuously and deliver multiple times daily
- Our CI/CD pipeline allows us to deploy from commit to production in ~8 minutes
- Test-driven development with Rspec
- Continuous collaboration with others and prioritization based on customer and business needs
- As a small team, we work together closely and support each other in a positive environment
- We’re continuously looking to improve and learn and welcome new ideas and approaches
AREAS YOU CAN GROW IN WHILE WORKING WITH US:
- Leadership – we offer a variety of leadership options to those who have interest, including becoming a team lead and managing releases.
- Learning and development – we have a generous personal development budget and encourage you to grow your skills through courses, books and conferences.
- Architecture – we encourage developers to develop expertise in the systems they work with, guide their evolution and mentor other developers working on them.
- Engineering effectiveness – we believe in helping other developers become more effective through tools, practices, cross-team collaborations, and process improvements
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- Matching 401(k)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Work from home
- Open vacation policy (no set number of days per year).
- Home office setup and coworking allowances.
- Hardware and software, books or conferences that promote continued learning
- Open parental leave
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
- Tell us about an opportunity you identified to improve an existing project. What was your contribution to making the project stronger?
- Describe a time when you took ownership of a project and managed it from idea to implementation. What challenges came up along the way?