ruby on rails
You'll join our Marketing Platform team consisting of a Product Manager, Salesforce Administrators and Engineers. This team is primarily responsible for our Website and Salesforce both of which are valuable assets for a lot of departments in the business. Specifically in this role, you’ll work with a collaborative group of engineers, designers, product managers and stakeholders outside the engineering organisation, helping to shape our website so that it provides a great experience for all visitors, including both our existing and potential customers, suppliers, affiliates and partners.
We believe in a learning culture and encourage self-development. We have regular 'wiggle weeks' and we hold our legendary 'Hack Days' twice a year. Engineers write about what they do, and what they learn, on our popular engineering blog.
Your typical week will involve:
- You’ll be working across the entire business - our Website is a shared concern; it fulfils a purpose for every department at FreeAgent and, as such, you will be interacting with a variety of people on a daily basis
- Work closely with other engineers, product managers and designers to deliver an amazing web experience for our customers
- Help your team plan, estimate and deliver projects. Shipping isn't just about merging pull requests – we put an emphasis on writing culture and ask engineers to document what they've created to expand our collective knowledge
- Contribute new ideas for developing features and refactoring areas of code
- Share what you've learned by talking at our weekly Engineering Forum
- Continually expand your knowledge of both our business and technology domain. We have the resources and we give you the time to learn!
- Develop and apply your mentoring and leadership skills
Apps we use: GitHub, Trello, G Suite, Notion
We look for:
- Commercial experience of developing and maintaining web applications
- Enthusiasm for taking complex problems and simplifying them for customers
- Attention to detail. We value people who believe a job worth doing is worth doing right
- Pragmatism; being committed to getting things done while understanding tradeoffs
- A high level of self-motivation and self-awareness
- A commitment to ongoing self-development, improving both technical and soft skills. If you have the commitment, we can provide opportunities for you.
- Strong communication skills. Being able to write well and articulate your thoughts are great skills to have in any business.