Do you want to create meaningful games that help kids learn while having fun? Then you might be a great addition at Originator. Our very small team is looking for a top-quality mobile engineer to join us and help us build the next phase of our business. The position will be fully remote, and we offer generous benefits, time off, and bonuses. At the moment, we have fewer than five engineers, so the possibilities to make a big impact are truly endless!
You will be joining the Platform Engineering team, which oversees the code that is common to all our apps, as well as our servers. You'll also work with each app team to integrate these components into our apps, and build the backend platform that handles app data, networking, multiplayer functionality, and in-game AI. You'll have the chance to work in many areas and with many technologies.
Our must-haves for candidates in this position:
- 3+ years of total software experience
- Deep knowledge of Unity and C# in mobile environments - iOS or Android, and preferably both
- Highly flexible, independent thinking, and quick learning
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Living in the Pacific time zone (or within an hour of it) to keep our work hours as aligned as possible
A few other strengths will put you at the front of the line, but are not hard requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in a CS-related field, or strong and relevant experience
- Game development experience
- Proficiency in Java and/or Objective-C
- Familiarity with the details of building and publishing native iOS and Android apps (outside of Unity)
- Server development experience
- Strong experience being the lead or sole engineer on sizable projects and features
If this sounds like fun, we'd love to hear from you!
Originator develops delightful mobile and tablet applications for children and families. Originator was formed by five passionate parents on a mission to create quality educational apps for young children. Our apps have received multiple awards including Apple App Store's Editor's Choice and App of the Day. Originator is a wholly-owned division of Spin Master Corp., a global children's entertainment company that creates, designs and manufactures a diversified portfolio of innovative toys, games, products and entertainment properties. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people who care about doing great work. Originator is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company.
You can learn a bit more about our story here: https://developer.apple.com/app-store/originator/