ation - Remote Tucows
We are looking for an experienced hands-on engineering team lead for development efforts on our wholesale domains platform OpenSRS. We are seeking to hire a keen and self-motivated individual who loves the Internet, and loves learning and applying new technologies to complex problems.
In addition to the above, you are forward-thinking and able to remain effective when priorities shift. You’re comfortable working on legacy systems as well as building completely new services.
What you’ll be doing:
In the first 30 days:
- Gain deep understanding of our platform and learn about the industry
- Implement small stories and fix bugs, get familiar with our development workflow
- Ensure quality through writing automated tests
In the first 3 months:
- Work with product owners on resolving issues, breaking up work into meaningful tasks and delegate effectively
- Contribute to technical design and architecture discussions
- Mentor and help develop team members
- Ensure that development standards and processes are adhered to
In the first year:
- Own projects from conception to release
- Co-ordinate with product owners to balance roadmap with engineering priorities
- Collaborate with other team leads to translate overarching business strategy and platform design into engineering tasks
Key skills and experience:
- 7+ years professional experience in a Web Application Development
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Experience leading a team in an agile environment
- Experience with Continuous Integration concepts and tools
- Experience delivering highly available and reliable systems
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
Nice to have skills and experience:
- Python or Perl knowledge is a great asset
- Experience building integrations with 3rd party systems
- Experience building large scale distributed systems
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.