Software Engineering Manager
Want to work with fearless innovators, visionaries, and community-minded people who challenge the status quo? We do too.
Plex is more than a software company — we’re a team of disruptors who are driving innovation and unlocking the promise and value of smart manufacturing.
It isn’t a trend or a moment, it’s a movement. And we’re leading it, but we can’t lead it alone.
That’s where you come in.
Plex Systems, Inc.® delivers the first smart manufacturing platform, helping the world’s leading innovators to make awesome products.Built in the cloud, the Plex Smart Manufacturing Platform includes MES, ERP, supply chain management, Industrial IoT, and analytics.
We believe that anything that can be made can be made better, and we are focused on finding the right people to help us achieve the big important tasks ahead.
Is that person you?
In support of our ongoing growth, we are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to help lead the team designing and building our next generation platform. This person will be advancing aspects of our software platform such as Identify Management, Internationalization, and improving all aspects of automation to name a few. This is done while maintaining scale, stability, and performance. Sound fun? It does to us too!
The preferred location is Troy, MI but remote applicants with some accompanying travel will also be considered.
WHAT’S YOUR IMPACT?
- You will be leading and enabling our data platform engineering team as a scrum master, project manager and resource manager to ensure your team is effective.
- As an engineering manager you will work with product management to ensure requirements are clear and ready for engineering to begin solution design
- As an engineering manager you will facilitate and may participate in solution design sessions
- If there is a need to improve how we work as a team, it’ll be your responsibility to highlight and address it along with the rest of management
- You’re responsible for building positive and productive cross-group relationships
- You need to drive decision making and help your team solve tough problems across concurrent projects with multiple stakeholders
- Experience building high volume, high transaction based, distributed and redundant web applications
- Building and maintaining high performance teams while attracting and retaining talent
IS IT IN YOU?
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related area or equivalent industry experience
- 8+ years of professional experience developing software, managing large amounts of data, or working in operations
- 3+ years of experience managing and leading a team of people
- Proven people management, people development, and leadership skills
- Strong strategic thinking and planning focused on shipping great enterprise software
- Broad technology awareness including experience defining technical architectures and establishing best practices
- Passion for customers and business partner satisfaction
- Practical experience designing for both private and public Cloud platforms (Azure or AWS)
- Understanding of full stack modern technologies from UI layer to middleware and DB layer
- Strong understanding of modern distributed architecture and frameworks for scalable and fast applications
- Expert knowledge of generally accepted software development lifecycle processes
- Proven understanding of security concepts and best practices
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Prior Experience
- Database design/data modeling experience
- Understanding of design patterns, principles, frameworks, and software modeling techniques
- Experience in one or more of the following – (C#/.NET, Python, Java)
- Working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL persistence approaches
- Extensive experience with multiple API methodologies and application integrations
- Bonus Experience Points
- Certifications such as Certified ScrumMaster or equivalent experience with Agile methodologies
- Managing data in multiple geographies
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Have ran large projects / volunteer groups that manage and maintain governance of systems
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We are proud to be recognized as one of the top workplaces in the tech industry. Our inviting culture fosters collaboration, innovation, and motivates team members to take on important work, every day.
In addition to all the benefits you’d expect from a world-class company like ours, we also offer Day 1 benefits, career growth and professional development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, unlimited paid time off, a wellness allowance to support your family’s well-being, sustainable work-life balance, and flexibility. Our multiple office locations offer a casual-dress workplace, complimentary snacks and drinks, and “de-stress areas” complete with amenities in some locations like massage chairs, golf simulator, ping pong tables and more.
Plex values the power of diversity and inclusion – it isn’t just a talking point for us. It drives our business and fosters fresh thinking, and is reflected in the individuals we hire, and the culture and community we’ve built to support them, such as our [email protected] and [email protected] groups. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applicants of all types and from all backgrounds. Plex urges our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate the differences among people.
SOUND LIKE YOUR DREAM JOB?
EXCITED ABOUT PLEX BUT NOT THE RIGHT GIG?
Don’t despair – your perfect fit is on its way! Stay connected, sign up for job alerts or submit a general application on the Plex Careers page.