When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let's make change together.
We are looking for an engineering manager to lead and scale our document integrity engineering team and help us build great products. You will be responsible for a front end team developing products such as Turnitin Draft Coach, as well as a variety of core micro-frontend and related micro-services that will be shared across our entire product line. To be successful in this role, you should be confident in managing your team while, at the same time, setting goals, budgets and timelines for various projects. You'll collaborate cross-functionally with people from Product, UX/Research, DevOps and other engineering/worktrack teams in order to deliver solutions that support our strategic company goals. Ultimately, you'll make sure we use innovative technologies that maximize our productivity and help our company grow.
- Mentor, coach and develop the careers of a talented group of engineers
- Be passionate about the software your team builds, and the way that they build it. We're a small, high-output, largely self-directed team that prides itself on both the quality of the code we produce and on our commitment to improving our processes along the way
- Promote a healthy culture, shape and evangelize engineering standards and best practices to improve team productivity. Be opinionated enough to speak up when you think we could be doing something better than we're doing it now -- and tactful and empathetic enough to communicate this in a way that brings people along instead of distancing them
- Partner with Product Management, UX, PMO and other engineering leaders to ensure resources are applied appropriately and cross-departmental issues are addressed
- Provide technical leadership and architectural oversight as necessary. Be practical enough to strike a balance between doing things 'perfectly' and doing things 'well enough to ship'
- Be a proactive communicator - both to your teammates and our collaborators from other engineering teams, product, customer support, sales, you get the picture. Our work impacts a lot of people, and there are a lot of stakeholders who need to maintain context alongside us as progress / decisions are made
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of work experience as an engineering manager or technical lead/mentor within an engineering organization.
- Experience working and collaborating with teams across multiple time zones and geographies.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in EdTech is a plus.
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other's successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
At Turnitin, we recognize it's unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you're willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans status.