amazon web services
ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
Happy Money® is the fintech of the future, delivering digitally-native financial tools and services for human happiness™ through its purpose-driven marketplace between mission-aligned capital and consumers. Happy Money is creating an alternative to the "Sad Money™" system with a connected ecosystem of consumer financial products designed to help borrowers become savers. Happy Money. A Happier Future.™
Backed by leading investors including Anthemis Group, Tencent Holdings and CMFG Ventures, Happy Money has helped over 80,000 members pay off nearly $1.5 billion in credit card debt. Founded in 2009, Happy Money has over 290 employees and is based in Tustin, California.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Happy Money’s Engineering team is seeking to hire an experienced hands-on Software Engineering Manager for our Mobile team. You will lead and grow a team of talented Mobile Engineers in design and architecture initiatives, spanning multiple divisions delivering products and services in support of Happy Money’s lending business. You will take on multiple projects while collaborating with Product stakeholders to deliver highly available, efficient, scalable, and delightful product experiences for Happy Money Customers. As a Mobile engineering manager, you will provide mentorship and career development support to grow people across technical and leadership tracks in order to scale the organization while fostering a high-performance agile culture of continuous iterative improvement through learning and development reinforcing HM as a center of technical excellence.
- Hiring and developing the best engineers.
- Working cross-functionally to identify system requirements, designing the UI architecture, and develop components supporting HM application features.
- Leading your teams to design and develop UI frameworks and applications.
- Promoting best practices and mentoring other engineers and leaders.
- Leading by example, taking ownership of initiatives, and leading design and development to deliver end-to-end solutions.
- Fostering an environment of continuous improvement to increase engineering efficiency.
- Evangelizing development maturity through combined engineering and the full SDLC.
- You have a BA/Master degree in Computer Science or related field of study.
- You have 8+ years of development experience.
- You have 2+ years of management experience.
- You have experience managing teams of five or more engineers.
- You have experience developing engineers through various career stages and building high-performance teams.
- You go deep to diagnose problems and communicate solutions broadly.
- You balance delegation and hands-on ownership effectively.
- You have experience using an iterative process such as SCRUM to deliver engineering projects through the full SDLC.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You thrive in an environment fostering freedom and responsibility.
- You have excellent prioritization and time management skills capable of leading multiple projects.
- You have experience with the following mobile development technologies and platforms (Swift/Objective-C for iOS, Kotlan/Java for Android, React Native).
- You have experience and a strong understanding of mobile architecture.
- You have led teams in designing and developing modern mobile applications at scale.
- You are experienced in designing and building modern, highly-responsive and scalable customer-facing mobile applications.
- You are experienced in developing and implementing mobile architecture to support user interface concepts.
- You have experience with cloud-based development and deployment.
- You have experience with testing frameworks (e.g. Appium, Selenium, Webdriver IO)
- You have experience developing and deploying systems through a CI/CD system (e.g. Fastlane, CircleCI, Cloudbees, TestFlight, Play Store, Firebase App Distribution).
- You have production experience developing scalable/highly available consumer applications.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Background developing banking systems supporting consumer lending products.
- Experience with the following technologies, Java, AWS (ECS, NoSql/RDS storage, Lambda, S3), Redis, Kafka, Terraform.
Here at Happy Money, we live by our core values of Love, Trust, and Hustle and welcome all. Love is shown in how we develop meaningful relationships with everyone we interact with; whether it’s a member or your manager. Trust is shown through how we empower each other to come to work as our true selves and embrace our differences. Hustle is shown through how we fail fast and learn from our mistakes. No one is perfect, we’re all human; if this job description doesn’t exactly match your background, we encourage you to apply anyway!