Mirantis is looking for a Software Maintenance Engineer to join our team! The Software Maintenance Engineer will work on our Support Engineering Group team and provide world-class support for Mirantis' Docker Enterprise Edition (EE). Docker EE is composed of the following technologies: Docker Engine, Docker Trusted Registry, Universal Control Plane, and Docker Swarm. You are a friendly, effective communicator who is inherently interested in solving complex problems and delivering a high-level of customer satisfaction with every customer interaction (via help content and tickets). You enjoy building reproducers and finding bugs. You sling code for fun. You will work closely with Knowledge Management, Engineering, and Product Management to represent the voice of the customer.
- Become an expert in Mirantis’ Docker Enterprise technologies and customer deployment environments
- Create best-in-class help content and proactively perform audits for our publicly-facing knowledge management system
- Partner cross-functionally with product and solution experts to co-develop reference architecture content
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques (debug and diagnose) on critical, highly complex problems that span multiple layers of the technology stack
- Engage with the engineering team to resolve technical issues
- Build and maintain customer based reproducer environments for use by your team and other technical teams at Docker Enterprise
- Reproduce customer issues and package bug reproducers for product engineering
- Diagnose and develop code-level fixes, apply patches, and re-package for customer test
- Drive deep technical post-mortems on behalf of customers
- Be willing to travel to customer sites
- 5+ years enterprise technical support experience or Software Maintenance Engineering experience
- Extensive experience troubleshooting remote Linux system issues
- Familiarity with Linux distributions (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, and SLES)
- Familiarity with IT automation software such as Puppet, Chef, and Jenkins
- Familiarity with the Go programming language
- Demonstrated ability to perform code-level analysis of complex issues
- Knowledge of REST API and web applications
What does Mirantis offer you?
- Work with an established Silicon Valley leader in the cloud infrastructure industry.
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues, helping Fortune 500 and Global 2000 customers implement next-generation cloud technologies.
- Be a part of cutting-edge, open-source innovation.
- Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued.
- Receive a competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan.