Remote in US
Overview: Openforce is an industry leader in enterprise software as a service (SaaS) located in the Metro Phoenix area. Openforce is seeking an experienced software product manager to join our product delivery team. You will work directly on new product features and improving the quality and value of our software. Above all you will impact the way the world defines working without limits.
The Product Manager Role: In this role you will help define a product vision that comes from market and competitive analysis to build value for the business and its customers. Project timelines, milestones, and hypothesis are defined with the product team for building prioritized product features for the business. The product manager will have to communicate effectively and synthesize information across multiple teams like sales, marketing, support, QA, design, and engineering in order to organize priorities and expectations across the business.
Metrics and feedback loops are created and utilized to inform product development. You are able to define OKRs, or use the business OKRs, to define and manage features that support those objectives. This role must be able to define enough detail of the features and hypothesis so that team has actionable features and work prioritized to deliver on. A product manager will be able to understand and help define the roles of the users in the product through research, user focus groups, or working with customers directly.
You leverage agile and lean values to continually improve, collaborate, and deliver the highest priority and value features to your clients. This can include things like running inceptions, grooming upcoming work with the involved stakeholders, gathering business needs from other teams, writing user stories and defining features, monitoring user and business metrics to inform upcoming hypothesis or features, reviewing and accepting work delivered, tracking releases and milestones.
- Owns the vision and success of the product within functional boundaries and focus of the product
- Utilizes metrics-based approach to identify problems and opportunities, prioritize them, and evaluate success of implementations
- Writes clear and detailed users’ stories with value-driving acceptance criterion and metrics to validate success
- Gather customer feedback, hypothesize the impact of changes, and write up new stories as necessary
- Organizes resources effectively to keep the entire process on track
- When direct customer interfacing is not possible, acts as a proxy customer
- Conducts cost analysis, estimating expected costs for the project
- Conducts risk assessments; reports identified risks to management; provides recommendations for mitigation of risk (including termination of the project if appropriate)
- Addresses questions, concerns, and/or complaints throughout the project
- Acts as a liaison between company, customers, and vendors
- Communicates and collaborates with sales and marketing teams to provide training and information required to promote and sell new projects, programs, and systems
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local, industry, contractual, and company regulations, standards, specifications, and best practices
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Can help define and relate work back to OKRs defined by the teams and business as a whole
You’re a good fit at Openforce if:
- You have an understanding of agile and lean values and know that one-process does not fit all, and each team can have different approaches to arrive at the right solution.
- You are flexible and able to work within a variety of team processes to get what needs to be done, done.
- You have a customer-centric approach to all products and projects you roll out; you constantly put yourself in the users’ shoes.
- You are a good listener.
- You are detailed and thorough.
- You understand how metrics can drive value.
- You are a quick learner, and hungry for product mastery.
- When faced with a hard problem you can break it down into units of smallest deliverable value.
- You’re always looking to improve and innovate but understand the benefit of an MVP.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Previous experience working within teams that follow agile and lean values
- Must be able to clearly communicate with team, participate actively in discussions
- Lead discussions when expected
- Excellent written skills
- Must be able to clearly demonstrate command and control of meetings (as appropriate)
- Earn total respect and confidence from the team
- Comfortable communicating at all levels and is effective at doing so
- Can construct presentation material, and deliver it, to audiences of any level
- Communicates tactfully, in a mature and controlled manner (both verbally and written)
- Organized and transparent with teams and the business on progress and deliverables
- Insurance or Insurtech experience preferred
- Continued training and career development
- Full Benefits Package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and 401k
- Vacation and Holiday pay
- Casual dress code and creative office environment
Job Type: Full Time Exempt
Reports to: VP of Technology and Engineering
Travel: Up to 5% quarterly or as needed
Passion, excellence, respect, accountability and having fun are just the beginning. Openforce believes that our culture is at the core part of what makes us successful. We are looking forward to hiring someone who understands good culture and will help shape it as it evolves.