Kos Media LLC
LOCATION: Remote within the U.S.
We are seeking an experienced and results driven Software QA Lead to help shape the QA function at Daily Kos as we expand our development team and build out more capacity for automated testing. Applicants must be self-motivated, efficient, and capable of delivering results with limited guidance.
You will be hands on and directing the day-to-day operations of QA, from translating requirements into effective test cases, test planning, test automation, and test execution to working with the Engineering and Product team to resolve outstanding issues.
Daily Kos is an exciting workplace! Our site is used by hundreds of thousands of people a day who care deeply about progressive politics and are working to affect real political change. We have an energized team of great people with diverse backgrounds and skill sets. If you're interested in a position that offers more than just a technical challenge, we'd love to hear from you.
- Work with stakeholders in Engineering and Product to define and execute on a vision around agile testing methodologies and continuously develop best practices to ensure high quality product releases in suitable time frames
- Lead and evangelize automation efforts
- Work internally with the support team to quickly assess and, when appropriate, escalate user facing issues.
- Guide testing effort for our infrastructure, cloud services, and infrastructure engineer tooling by building and sharing a deep understanding of our backend systems
- Facilitate and drive the QA process for project teams while remaining flexible to individual team needs
- Ensure test delivery and management of QA resources, pipeline, status reporting, test plans, cases, results, test readiness reviews, post-implementation reviews
- Document and track software defects identified through testing
- Work with the Engineering and Product team to resolve outstanding issues
- Provide leadership, technical expertise, and career development for individual QA contributors
- Work with the QA team to further develop the test automation tools and strategy for the mobile, web applications and services
- Build and maintain strong relationships with business and technology members under the needs of the QA team
- Participate in Product and Engineering planning meetings to inform technical decisions and identify potential pitfalls as part of the scoping process
- Constantly seek opportunities to improve our quality and testing approach
- 6 years experience in Quality Assurance or comparable development experience with at least 3 years leadership experience
- Experience measuring performance (reading and interpreting metrics dashboards, using benchmarking tools, etc.) and security testing
- Strong track record with automated testing development.
- Working knowledge in systems or operations at OS and basic networking levels.
- Experience with QA tools for test automation and performance testing
- Ability to write and run raw SQL queries in MySQL or PostgreSQL;
- Working knowledge of Agile software development lifecycle principles and QA methodologies
- Excellent communication skills, primarily in a virtual work environment
- Familiarity of the Daily Kos application and willingness to become a platform expert
Salary Range: $90,000 - $100,000
This position is a 40 hour/week, full-time exempt position and reports to the Vice President of Engineering. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States. The position offers a flexible work environment, the ability to work remotely or from home, competitive salary, excellent benefits including: full medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K with a company match, remote worker stipend, company-paid holidays, a generous vacation package, traumatic grief leave, as well as employer-paid parental/family leave. Our organizational commitment to personal growth and work-life balance reduces churn and encourages a very rewarding long term position.
At Daily Kos, we believe that the diversity of ideas, experiences, and cultures that our employees contribute to our organization help us be more effective activists, and we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We have a team of amazing people with different backgrounds and talents that are energized by the day's news events, and people united by common cause. We're a company that loves learning and supports growth and training for all our employees.
Women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals strongly encouraged to apply.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Note: Daily Kos does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee.