Orion Advisor Solutions LLC
Do you want to be in a rapidly growing company where you have endless opportunity for growth? Orion is quickly adding to our product suite so we can be #clientobsessed!
The Database Developer is responsible for the effective design, architecture, and operation of enterprise wide databases. This position will leverage SQL Server and MySQL, related engines and tuning tools. This position is responsible for identifying innovative approaches to achieving top performance in a rapid application development environment while maintaining overall database reliability and integrity.
What does this role entail?
- Assists with identifying performance bottlenecks (OS, Network, and Database), tuning of both SQL statements and RDBMS software; suggests optimal performance recommendations
- Writes, debugs and unit tests stored procedures and triggers
PHYSICAL DATABASE STRUCTURES
- Design stable, reliable and effective database objects based on customer requirements
- Optimize and maintain legacy systems
- Modify database objects according to requests and perform tests
- Ensure data quality and integrity in databases
- Liaise with developers to improve applications and establish best practices
- Prepare design specifications and functional documentation for assigned database projects
- Gather user requirements and identify new features
- Develop technical and training manuals
- Provide data management support to users
- Monitors databases to optimize database performance, health, resource use, and physical implementations of databases; address a variety of database integration issues including migration between disparate databases, integration, maintenance/conversion, capacity planning issues, and new applications
- Provides support to application developers in designing and implementing physical database structures
- Reviews, develops, and designs data models using standard diagramming techniques, in conjunction with application development teams; creates logical data models and translates into physical database structures that integrate with existing or proposed database structures
- Responds to occasional requests from Production to resolve any database related customer issues
- Troubleshoots, capacity plans and performs maintenance as needed
- Provides technical support for middleware and administration tools
What skills and knowledge are needed?
- Proven work experience as a Database Developer
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring)
- Knowledge of software development and user interface web applications
- Hands on experience with SQL Server with familiarity with MySQL and .Net framework a plus
- Familiarity with working with SQL Server and AWS tools for troubleshooting, schema management
- An ability to understand front-end users requirements and problem-solving attitude
- Familiarity with cloud services such as AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.
- Strong knowledge of database clustering, replication, as well as database modeling and design skills
- Strong knowledge of data dictionary and database scripting, SQL development, unit testing, and systems administration on Microsoft
- Familiarity with Bash and the terminal, Linux navigation
- Ability to design and implement solutions to ensure database availability and recoverability
- Ability to script solutions as well as a strong knowledge of Command-Line or GUI administration tools to manage change control and monitoring of systems
- Proven architecture skills in designing database environments for various business needs (e.g., high-availability, failover, replication, and disaster-recovery, virtual machine environment)
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field of study required
- Orion Series 65 certification must be obtained within 90 days of employment
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with installing, configuring, tuning and troubleshooting SQL Server in a high volume, high availability production environment required
- Minimum of 2 years running SQL Server in a cloud based environment preferred
- Previous experience with life-cycle administration support including database design, database development, testing, deployment, and maintenance required
- Experience with Database Optimization and Performance Tuning required
- Experience with architecture, set up and administration of SQL Server required
- Experience with database troubleshooting and failure resolution required
Orion offers day one benefits, various time off options including PTO, PAWternity, paid parental leave and sabbatical time, tuition reimbursement, continued flexibility to work from home and more!
As One-Orion, we provide ourselves in sustaining a working environment that is inclusive and considers the full range of human diversity. Our team's growth-focused mindset, fearless innovation, and entrepreneurial spirit depends heavily on the collaboration of team members with varied perspectives and experiences.