This is an exciting and challenging role on the Ockam Team. Ockam is building open source, end-to-end encrypted and mutually authenticated messaging libraries and infrastructure that is designed for the high throughput, low latency, intermittent connectivity requirements of IoT and connected machines.
We're using Elixir to design the core of our cloud services - Ockam Hub. In this role, you will be responsible for building several micro-services in Elixir deployed as containers, in Kubernetes.
Ockam is a small and extremely senior team. This role involves architecture, interface design, writing code, responsibility for testing, and publishing documentation. Everyone on the Ockam team takes responsibility for their parts from end-to-end, including the creation of long term objectives, issues in GitHub, task management, and summaries of key results.
- Building complex cloud systems in Elixir or Erlang.
- API design.
- Kubernetes and containers.
- Designing and provisioning cloud services in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- Git and GitHub's workflow.
- Modern CI/CD pipelines and DevOps.
- Collaborating in a remote-first, high-performance team.
- Individual and collaborative project management leadership.
- 10+ years of experience
- Elixir frameworks like Phoenix, Ecto etc.
- Messaging systems like RabbitMQ, Kafka etc.
- Consuming and contributing to open source codebases
- Comfort switching between multiple programming languages
- This is a Level 4 role at Ockam.
- Individuals that consider themselves to be Level 5 or 6 are also encouraged to apply.
- For more information about Role Levels at Ockam, [click here for our guide].
Ockam is a distributed, remote-first team with a headquarters in San Francisco California.